Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I worry to much how would you moms handle this:

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

My sister called earlier saying there was a birthday party at the park at 3:00 my great niece's birthday is today she was born 3 months early and its her dad's birthday also the party may be for both of them well I told her I was tired I have an 19 year old special needs daughter who was born with downe's syndrome at birth and as of March last year now suffers with seundo seizures.

Now I suffer with eczema either one of need to be out in this heat I have last few days been feeling dizzy also now I am sitting here all worried my sister said ok but I am worried about what may be said should people ask where we are its not like I never go to anything I forced myself once to go to a park my oldest nephew's church was having a picnic my daughter loves to swing and I got her a plate but she ate very little I did not eat well after a long while she went back to where they were having the food and sat.

Now I forced myself and was sitting very quite and I felt like I wanted something to eat but no I am not getting up in other words someone bring me a plate fine my sister got my daughter a few cookies then said your mom something these people are nice mind you then my boyfriend had said he could of went its not that I cannot take Brittany anywhere but she has to be watched and would be good I had another very reliable person to help out.

I went last year to my half sister's surpise birthday at her oldest daughter I was tired being nice my sister Brittany was outside well my niece asked me to help her cut some tomatoes I find out later from my sister she said I was nervous Brittany was outside while there Brittany had a seizure her house is small and why everybody wanted to seem to be in the kitchen just a few I wanted to come home but they were like is she alright I could not get Brittany in my niece's bedroom for nothing.

Now I know I am tired been washing and why I am having these dizzy spells beats me worrying which I do a lot of at times about nothing my sister and youngest neice live downstairs same apartment I do

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TommyAbby
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:04 PM

OK.. I am not trying to be rude, but I didn't understand a word of this. There is no punctuation. No flow to the sentence structure.  I can't tell if your daughter had a small seizure or the house was small.. Could you please clarify what you are asking and/or telling us?

jjamom
by Michele on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:28 PM
If you are not comfortable going or you think it will be too much for (or with) your daughter, I would just tell them thank you, but you can't make it and leave it at that. You have the right to decline an invitation. If they try to make you feel guilty, that is on them.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree here!  Just do what's best for you and your child mama!

Quoting jjamom:

If you are not comfortable going or you think it will be too much for (or with) your daughter, I would just tell them thank you, but you can't make it and leave it at that. You have the right to decline an invitation. If they try to make you feel guilty, that is on them.

disabilitymom3
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I too had a little bit of a hard time reading this, but If you want to decline an invitation, then do so.  When it comes to family just explain that it is a bit difficult right now.  I have three and two of them have Down syndrome, one has Autism with her Down syndrome.  If I don't have an extra pair of hands with me, I don't go.  My family completely understand the situation.  We have more gatherings for family in our own home. That way my family is is more comfortable and I don't feel a need to chase all over. 

Spectrummom311
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:44 AM
I have an 8 year old with autism and epilepsy and he is a runner. I have declined several invitations because my son simply could not handle a lot of people at once. There your family, they should understand. I would just do what is best for my child and try not to worry about anyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM

If you're not comfortable and certainly if you are not feeling well, stay home.  You need to do what's best for you and for your daughter. 

kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:27 PM

simple-not comfortable by yourselft- don't go. if they are family and really good friends- they will understand. you just need to worry about your child and you. the heck with everyone else.

Hottubgodess
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are feeling ill (dizzy) go see a doc please!  Your kiddo needs you!! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Big hugs mama...hope things went well!  Let us know!

sammygrl77
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:05 AM
I agree

Quoting Hottubgodess:

If you are feeling ill (dizzy) go see a doc please!  Your kiddo needs you!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)