Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I got a call from his pulmonologist this morning, and his brain MRI from a few weeks ago showed Sinus Disease, which is VERY common in Cystic Fibrosis patient.  She also told me that his vitamin D level is very low so she's putting him on an additional vitamin D supplement.  Plus, his most recent throat culture showed MRSA bacteria in his lungs...any more news?  Seriously!  Here's a link if you want know more about Sinus Disease....it doesn't surprise as Brady's had lots of sinus issues and his last hospital admission & PICC line placement was due to a severe sinus infection!  

As long as he doesn't get an upper respiratory infection or any pulmonary symptoms, the MRSA bacteria in his lungs is fine...I know that sounds weird, but once CF patients culture a bacteria in their lungs, they will ALWAYS culture it...on and off for their entire lives...never ends.  So, until he's sick, we won't treat him for the MRSA in his lungs...make sense?  

Just wanted to let you ladies know:)

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Replies (11-18):
natesmom1228
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:42 AM

HUGS!!

sammygrl77
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:49 AM
My reading comprehension was a little off. Sorry:(

(((Hugs))))

Quoting darbyakeep45:

If it develops into an infection, then yes that's a problem, but otherwise, no, it's just there:)

Quoting sammygrl77:

(((Hugs)))

So does the MRSA in his lungs cause any problems?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:29 AM

hugs

Mipsy
by Chelle on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Oh I'm so sorry =( I hope it doesn't get worse and they can treat him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM

((HUGS))

sayres
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM
(Hugs)
UMiamiChick5683
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Thanks for posting the link about the sinus disease! Good to know for future reference. Delaney got put on Vitamin D drops after our last clinic visit too. She also cultured stenotophomonas maltophilia (awesome :-/ ) so now she's on antibiotics for two weeks which means we can't really be outside to get sun for Vitamin D either. Ugh. 

Hope he's doing well! :-) 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Love the name Delaney!

Quoting UMiamiChick5683:

Thanks for posting the link about the sinus disease! Good to know for future reference. Delaney got put on Vitamin D drops after our last clinic visit too. She also cultured stenotophomonas maltophilia (awesome :-/ ) so now she's on antibiotics for two weeks which means we can't really be outside to get sun for Vitamin D either. Ugh. 

Hope he's doing well! :-) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN