Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

A great day to be at the hospital! Seriously!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
So Ty had to be put on flagyl for suspected small bowel bacterial overgrowth or possible cdiff type infection. Well it has to be compounded and our city doesn't have any compound pharmacies but, as luck would have it, we have a neuro appt today (for those odd episodes that hospitalized us a couple weeks ago) and our hospital has a retail pharmacy that compounds!

SO we go in and Kohl's Cares is giving stuffed animals and books! Then we're waiting and some men from Kohl's Cares tells us they are giving away booster seats cuz the laws are changing here in August. So we got a free booster seat (Ty just barely made the age and height and weight for a booster seat, lol!)! Pretty kewl!

Now to our neuro appt :-S
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Well glad you had a good day! Hope neurology is good!

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Awesome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Well neuro update: still not sure what the episodes are, weaning trileptal, and our neuro is leaving. Yes, I'm bawling. When everyone else thought I was just exaggerating Ty's sleeping issues and what very few seizures we had seen, he is who found the epilepsy! Because of him Ty is A) alive and B) growing and catching up developmentally. I'm so sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:27 PM

That is awesome!!

lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:28 PM

thinking of you-big hugs   

Quoting Mipsy:

Well neuro update: still not sure what the episodes are, weaning trileptal, and our neuro is leaving. Yes, I'm bawling. When everyone else thought I was just exaggerating Ty's sleeping issues and what very few seizures we had seen, he is who found the epilepsy! Because of him Ty is A) alive and B) growing and catching up developmentally. I'm so sad

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:13 AM

Glad to hear Ty got some new stuff!  I'm sorry that his neuro is leaving...big hugs mama!

natesmom1228
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Wonderful!!!

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Awesome

sammygrl77
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Great that you got free stuff! Sorry the neuro is leaving:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammakittykat
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Awww sorry to hear that about the Neuro. I know how that goes. I quite literally cried when we had our last session with John's original O/T. She had been his O/T since he was 13 months old and up til he was 3.5 almost 4. She had become more than just an O/T she had become one of my closest friends and practically family. We still keep in touch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN