Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

What are you currently having a hard time getting and or keeping re: services (if any) for your child?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM
  • 31 Replies

Playing with number and figures --that is what I have been doing--They actually asked me why does it change every week?  Well sometimes he has teen camp, sometimes he has extended school year and sometimes he has neither of those and that is why it changes--first they wanted me to use the exact hrs every week!! Now they are letting me not--but right now we still don't have enough for school year if I use what I want for summer so I am trying to decrease AGAIN summer hours!!! UGGGHHH!!!!

This is for my ds in home health care and life skills!!!!

Wish us luck--I should hear the new number figure after I DECREASED hours for summer again!!! The new hours take place JUly 1st since July starts the new fiscal year!!!

I am NOT an accountant and SICK of playing with numbers!!!!!

What are you currently having a hard time getting for your child--any services and or trying to keep any services and or trying to keep the adequate number of hours for services???

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meli55aG2001
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Respite care. We're on a list but it's just taking a long time to get funding. Our county's budget got reduced by 20% so that's making it even harder. Fortunately our daughter doesn't require too much medical care but it would be nice to get out every once in awhile and not worry about having to have two grown ass women watch one child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Agree!!!  it is hard to find a respite provider for our son-we found one and now have to wait back for clearances though she is a friend of mine-it is required to have clearances-which is a good thing!!!

Quoting Meli55aG2001:

Respite care. We're on a list but it's just taking a long time to get funding. Our county's budget got reduced by 20% so that's making it even harder. Fortunately our daughter doesn't require too much medical care but it would be nice to get out every once in awhile and not worry about having to have two grown ass women watch one child.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Things are going pretty well for us right now...not too much to complain about!

lfrrll5
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Our problems are respite and of as well as regular therapy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:48 PM

That is good Darby-you need a break somewhere!!  Glad all services are provided for Brady-you all deserve that!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Things are going pretty well for us right now...not too much to complain about!

lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I hope you receive adequate respite and therapies soon!!

Quoting lfrrll5:

Our problems are respite and of as well as regular therapy

sassy_sweet_blu
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:59 PM

we currently are having struggles with getting OT...    unfortunely the school district dragged their feet on testing andrew...  so he is behind on writing.  The nero asked for OT and PT evuals..    the school never did it but his reg pedi sent him to an outside source Which insurance allowed him so many visits.  We just sent for some more to be authorization and this is what we got........ 

"i am adding only 3 more OT visits to teach parent home skills.  The goals you listed are not approved dx according to the MHP/ card........ 

BLAH!!   the kid has trouble eating ... and clothing himself..  plus is goin to be behind on things in school like writing........ so now we have to wait til sept.. oct.. or nov for the school to quit dragging their feet...... yeah UGG IDIOTS!!

lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I know insurance-ridiculous--My son only got a few OT visits too and the OT feels he needs more--Knock on wood he will get more PT visits-he really needs those!! I will find out tomorrow!!  It is ridiculous--also I am a social worker and get approved so many visits and lots of times the people really need the social worker and not approved--the last two I was suppose to have for in home social work were not approved and they really needed it-- and the last one I had -they did not approve any more and the person really needed more-ugghh!!  then you send it back to doctor and insurance and still not approved--it is frustrating as a parent with a child with special needs and as an in-home medical social worker!!

Quoting sassy_sweet_blu:

we currently are having struggles with getting OT...    unfortunely the school district dragged their feet on testing andrew...  so he is behind on writing.  The nero asked for OT and PT evuals..    the school never did it but his reg pedi sent him to an outside source Which insurance allowed him so many visits.  We just sent for some more to be authorization and this is what we got........ 

"i am adding only 3 more OT visits to teach parent home skills.  The goals you listed are not approved dx according to the MHP/ card........ 

BLAH!!   the kid has trouble eating ... and clothing himself..  plus is goin to be behind on things in school like writing........ so now we have to wait til sept.. oct.. or nov for the school to quit dragging their feet...... yeah UGG IDIOTS!!

sassy_sweet_blu
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:14 PM

our health care system is STUPID!!     You sometimes it takes more then just parents at home and to just rely on the school system now days is hard because of funding of this and that and HEY lets cut that..    This morning i couldn't get him to do any thing in his workbook the OT sent home with us but when we went there today he at least tried to do stuff for her.      I was also actually told in my 12 yr olds meeting that sometimes kids don't get reached until second semester for IEPs or 504 ....... and they laughed about it.   I was like these kids are being left behind u stupid jerks..  I will be knocking at the door step come august cause i an't goin to let either of my two sn kids slip thru a crack this year.  

its terrible what hoops u gotta jump thru to do all the stuff a human person needs..  all because they are afraid of fraud... or this and that........ BLAH!!

Quoting lifeisajoy:

I know insurance-ridiculous--My son only got a few OT visits too and the OT feels he needs more--Knock on wood he will get more PT visits-he really needs those!! I will find out tomorrow!!  It is ridiculous--also I am a social worker and get approved so many visits and lots of times the people really need the social worker and not approved--the last two I was suppose to have for in home social work were not approved and they really needed it-- and the last one I had -they did not approve any more and the person really needed more-ugghh!!  then you send it back to doctor and insurance and still not approved--it is frustrating as a parent with a child with special needs and as an in-home medical social worker!!

Quoting sassy_sweet_blu:

Mipsy
by Chelle on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM
That sounds super frustrating!

Right now I'm having issues getting a smaller feeding pump for Ty. His current pump, + feed bag, + backpack, add an additional 6lbs he has to carry on his back!!! And with the ataxia issues right now plus 110 degree summer, it's not going over well right now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN