Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

speak up or stay quiet

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM
  • 17 Replies

if you saw someone taking care of a child and was being very agressive with them would you say something or look away?

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelrach86
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:38 PM
I would say something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I would probably look away at first as it's not my business to judge or say anything to them about their parenting, BUT I will say that if I think they are being abusive to their child I will NOT hesitate to call the police.  After all, it's the job of the police and social services, etc. to intervene in situations like this, not mine.  That's just my take:)

Hottubgodess
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Depends on the situation. Sometimes I have mafe eye contact with the child, others said something nice to the mom. A kind word can make a huge difference
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:55 PM
3 moms liked this
It depends on the situation and what "aggressive" meant... I would not stand by and watch abuse, but if a mom snapped at her kids I would probably give her the benefit of the doubt that it was just a bad day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I agree here!

Quoting Hottubgodess:

Depends on the situation. Sometimes I have mafe eye contact with the child, others said something nice to the mom. A kind word can make a huge difference

natesmom1228
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I wouldn't say anything. It's not my business. I would not want anyone making comments or sticking their two cents in where it doesn't belong if I am doing something with my child.

lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Depends on the situation on what I would do--try to be kind if I said something initially---and go from there-I don't know the situation--I don't live it--but it really depends what the situation was-the age-, what was aggressive--and all--

lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM

also depends on how often you see this person, do you know the person, do you know the situation, does this happen a lot--and again what is the aggressiveness the person is doing to the child--

sammygrl77
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Quoting Elyssa414:

It depends on the situation and what "aggressive" meant... I would not stand by and watch abuse, but if a mom snapped at her kids I would probably give her the benefit of the doubt that it was just a bad day

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

i would say something. AND i have before.  i especially pay attention to workers when they are out with the group homes, adult day programs, ect. just because my daughter lives at home doesn't mean that there might be a time when it might be needed or she might want to share a home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)