Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

do you have a fish aquarium

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Joy
  • 14 Replies

i know my kids would love one , and me too , they are so relaxing to just sit and watch , i dont have one yet

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM

We don't. We have talked about getting one for a long time.

CBMama06
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Yes we do.. My DS enjoys it..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM

no-I like them-but not too relaxing too watch at our house-we have two cats-but for sure the one would use the fish as toys- and I would have big puddle on the floor 

deadlights86
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Yes I hate it. I wish the fish would hurry up and die so I don't have to clean it. They're lucky if I remember to feed them each day. Even my kids are bored with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gma12.1
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM

We got one when GD was 3 for her birthday she was so into fish. She sat there for a long time just watching them swim around and I got as many brightly colored fish as I could. I let her help pick some of the things to go into it because there was no way to surprise her. Before you decide 100% to get one got to a specialty store one that is strictly fish and aquariums and ask questions. The most important question of all is what kind of water do you have and what needs to be done to make it good water for fish. Then the next important question is what fish can you put together that won't eat each other. What ever you do don't take all of your advise from the person that works the fish department of a pet store, they try very hard to give good info but with out some really special training and experience they can't give real good information.

letstalk747
by Joy on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:34 AM

thanks , good to know for sure

Quoting gma12.1:

We got one when GD was 3 for her birthday she was so into fish. She sat there for a long time just watching them swim around and I got as many brightly colored fish as I could. I let her help pick some of the things to go into it because there was no way to surprise her. Before you decide 100% to get one got to a specialty store one that is strictly fish and aquariums and ask questions. The most important question of all is what kind of water do you have and what needs to be done to make it good water for fish. Then the next important question is what fish can you put together that won't eat each other. What ever you do don't take all of your advise from the person that works the fish department of a pet store, they try very hard to give good info but with out some really special training and experience they can't give real good information.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:03 AM

No, we don't have one...Brady probably wouldn't pay attention to it anyway...more things for me to clean!

willysmama
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:30 AM

we did have one when willy was younger. It relaxed him and he enjoyed the brightly colored fish in it. But when the fishes died we didn't replace them and we got rid of the tank.

gogetem
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM
I do. We bought tiny goldfish and theyre huge now. A lot of work, but we love it.
letstalk747
by Joy on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

cool , do you have a pic

Quoting gogetem:

I do. We bought tiny goldfish and theyre huge now. A lot of work, but we love it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN