Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Thank Goodness for Patience ;0)

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Good Morning Everyone,  My name is Renee and I raise two of my 8 grandchildren. Boys Damian 9 and his brother Frankie 10. Damian was born with Speech Impairment (severe) and Frankie Learning and memory .  It was hard for me at first to understand the IEP's and all. However I went and took College courses to understand what the boys minds were going through and to be able pronounce the words it's self.. lol I have a whole different understanding which came with Patience. It's like they are both a grade 1/2 behind, but i still have them up to par in the grade level they should be. My husband and I work really hard with them and they have came such a long ways. It does not stop at the school either, this effects just a normal day at home. I love them like crazy, and would do it all over again. Giving them ongoing love and supporting them any way i can, seeking the resources out there. Building their self esteem up confidence. Being there advocate when other  want to bully them, yes I stand out .. lol  I always let the boys know it's not their faught, there brains just work a little differtent then some other kids do. I would love to hear from others and thank you for allowing me to come and join this group. ;0)

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jul. 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  Glad you're here:)

lifeisajoy
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Renee!! Thanks for sharing!!  

sammygrl77
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group!

Your grandsons are very lucky to have a grandmother who gives them so much support. Great job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome , glad you are here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN