Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

l would like to know.......................................................................................

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM
  • 10 Replies

want everybody else feelings on how there kids are and how you doing about it.

Do you blame yourself?

Blame others?

Stress out?

I blame myself for my kids disability's and i don't know what else to do!!!

Help/Advice

hugs

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jul. 1, 2012 at 3:26 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm doing really well right now! My son is doing better than he ever has in his life, and I'm not currently scared for his life, so it makes it easy to be positive! :)

I think the only thing you can do is try to move forward... Whether or not anything could have been prevented, (which I don't know your story off the top of my head, but I'm sure it's not your fault), what's done is done. The only thing you can do now is make the best of it and help your child have the best possible future from right now.
If you are really having a hard time getting past the guilt, maybe a counselor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Elyssa here...it's definitely NOT your fault, but maybe counseling would be a good move to make.  It never hurts to have someone outside the family to talk to about things!

At the beginning I blamed myself as my son has a genetic disease that came from myself and my husband being carriers of the gene to pass it on to him.  It took me a long time, but I know that Brady is perfect and is just the way the Lord made him to be!

gma12.1
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I know that it isn't anyone's fault. In her case it was a fluke of nature.

lifeisajoy
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes yes and yes but not no more (at least not much-or near much)--and I look at what my ds can do, his strengths and how he also inspires and awws others and how he helps so many others in all different circumcanstances (from people young to old to in-between)  

sammygrl77
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this
That was something I really struggled with. Even with the evidence showing it was the fault if the medical professionals. I blamed myself for chosing that hospital, for not speaking up when something didn't seem right, and most of all I felt my body failed my children (placental abruption tgat caused premature delivery and deprived ds of oxygen in the womb).

The thing that helped me to stop blaming myself was to have a lobg heart to heart with my dh. I told him everything I thought and felt. He was very supportive and helped me to see that guilty feelings were not helping at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:08 PM

i dont blame myself

i blame the dr. and nurses

i get very stressed out

why do you blame yourself ?

sassy_sweet_blu
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

At this moment i don't know what to feel until we see the doctor on aug 7th.  we will find out more about why what where when how about the tremors for my son.

I do blame myself for not getting my daughter help with the school system sooner.  Unfortunely she has a label now within the school... and the way she feels makes me sad alot of times. 
As for stressed out...... i have 4 kids...... hmm yup.   Last year for school if i wasn't at the school for my 12 yr old i was there for the 6 year old........ and some how i managed to balance the 13 and the 2 yr old in there some where.

Op i wan to give u a big hug like the rest of the ladies have said its just moving forward and staying positive :)

bribren
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I know I am to blame...... It's all my fault.. I wouldn't change a thing... Am I selfish. Yes I am. She was my 10 pregnancy I had  found out I was pregnant when I went to get my tubes tied I cried for days. I didn't tell my husband until I was 20 weeks. Then at 23 weeks my water broke. I prayed so hard to keep  her. I hoped it wouldn't end like all the other pregnancy with funeral...So no matter what I just wanted to bring a baby home.She is such a blessing I wouldn't change a thing....So out of 12 pregnancy's I have 4 children and I  wouldn't change a thing because I cherish each and every one of my children... I don't stress because I thank God every day he gave her to me...Even with her problems it made me a better mom what more could I ask for...

kittycat813
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:45 AM

@lettalk747: I know I have biopolar depression and anxiety disorders plus i have adhd.

My kids first on ds and 3rd dd have adhd

first ds and first dd have autism.

my blame is waiting to push first dd out and having breathing problems after birth because of it and not being normal even since. All kids have speech delays.

adhd with youngest was just diagnosis in june in she is 6 years old.

oldest daughter is 71/2 years old and she has some time of autism

kittycat813
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:48 AM

my problem was waiting to long for help with adhd and getting oldest daughter diagnosis with autism.

I just have to pray for peace in myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)