Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

ESY - update

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM
  • 24 Replies
Two of my kids are off to ESY. My little guy is there for summer school and my DD is volunteering for her Confirmation service hours. SO nervous for them both and anxious to find out how it went!

UPDATE:

My DD is loving working with the class she was assigned to for her service hours. There are 5 kids with varying needs and she thinks they're all so cute. One little boy likes to hit and throw things, though, so the teacher is having her work mostly with the other kids so she doesn't get hurt. He threw a book at her today! She will be out next week, because she has her Summer Bridge camp for her magnet program at school and the teacher told her she is really going to miss her next week. I am proud of her.

My little guy seems to be enjoying school, but he has always loved school. I got a post-it note today that he only ate a few bites of pudding at snack time because I forgot to send his spoon and he had to use a plastic one and it looks like he drank a little water today.
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM

What is it? I hope they have a great time.

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Quoting natesmom1228:

Sorry, ESY is Extended School Year. It is my sin's 3rd year and my DD's first time volunteering! She's 14.
natesmom1228
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Quoting jjamom:

Quoting natesmom1228:

Sorry, ESY is Extended School Year. It is my sin's 3rd year and my DD's first time volunteering! She's 14.

Thanks. We don't have that here. Sorry for not knowing, lol

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM
NP, I should have clarified!

Quoting natesmom1228:

Quoting jjamom:

Quoting natesmom1228:

Thanks. We don't have that here. Sorry for not knowing, lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope it goes well!

i.heart.myboys
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids aren't in school yet:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mi_Chelly
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

My kiddo is just about done with his ESY. His started in June and ends this Thursday. It is his 4th year, but first at the new school. He has been enjoying it, this one actually seems to be focused on something, his past ones were more fun, this one he is actually doing work. 

Simply put, this is me:
Einfach Nervös Gemacht Mutti

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Yeah, my son has always been in the preschool one, this year he's in K since he just finished K. I am not sure what I think b/c they didn't send home a questionnaire, note or checklist or anything like that, no contact info for the teacher, etc. I think I will send a note on Thurs b/c he also has feeding issues and I sent a pudding and water. The pudding didn't come back, but the water did. We are having a heat wave and I am not too happy that he didn't drink at least some of the water. :-/

Quoting Mi_Chelly:

My kiddo is just about done with his ESY. His started in June and ends this Thursday. It is his 4th year, but first at the new school. He has been enjoying it, this one actually seems to be focused on something, his past ones were more fun, this one he is actually doing work. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck to them!  Hope it went well!

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM
DD really seemed to enjoy her volunteer experience, which is good because she will be volunteering for the rest of the month!

DS seemed happy when he came home, but I have some concerns - amongst them no note, checklist or anything, no information form for me to let them know anything about him and he didn't drink any of the water I sent with him... And we are having a heat wave!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)