Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

How does your SN child handle fireworks?

Posted by   + Show Post
Elijah HATES them! He can't handle earplugs, and he freaks out when things touch his head, so headphones are out... We will be going to my mom's cousins for a quiet day, while my husband and middle son go blow stuff up! Lol

How will your kiddo do with the noise?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Replies (11-18):
deadlights86
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Typically they hate them but my ds and my best friends ds both had a blast last night. Someone a street over turned on music really loud and put on an amazing show. The boys loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM

My son loves them.

karenl
by Karen on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Tyler did good with fireworks this year. We were at a friend's house (fireworks were right across the street) and stayed inside and watched them. 

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM
We set off some firecrackers and Alex and I stayed up on the upper deck. He was SO funny, with each one he would scream and then bust out laughing! But, come bed time when things were still booming outside from nearby fireworks (that we could hear but not see) he got a little freaked out. I kept telling him it was all just fine. I think he thought they were storms maybe? Anyway, I turned on the TV and the Macy's fireworks were on and I showed him and he calmed down then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Emmy likes the look of them but can't stand the noise.  Last night she tried earplugs and locked herself in the car to watch them, but she still got pretty anxious.  Lindsay had a ball

lifeisajoy
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Not well- with fireworks--a lot better with noise than in the past-he don't like to wear headphones for long--NO earplugs for my son either Elyssa--

CameronsMommy23
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Cameron loves them! He stayed up late to see them. He even likes holding sparklers. (with supervision of course)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2zachy122
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM

DS want to be part of the fun because..well,...it looks like fun.  But the real thing is just too much for him to handle.  I mean this is a kid who has meltdowns and sobs "It's just tooooo much noise!" when DH and I are in the other room, talking softly.  I don't see fireworks in his future for awhile.  He gets anxious just hearing them if someone sets them off in the neighborhood :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN