Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

We do but will not go for no shorter than 2 nights and 3 days because it is lots of packing and unloading and settling in but we love too--and only in air condition and cabin due to my ds health needs and my own health needs

Do you go camping?

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Replies (31-35):
natesmom1228
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Quoting lifeisajoy:

LOL! We have done it so many times-we pretty much have a system-like tonight I started packing-(only this early evening)  I got boxes after put stuff in bags --and then tomorrow-I will finish packing -(just mainly need to pack clothes now) and then load--we already bought everything throughout the week and dh just came back from picking up last minute things--

Quoting Alex825:

I would rather have my teeth drilled without Novacaine. Never!  Sorry to say that would be just too much work. 

I have a tote of stuff for just camping. It has everything in it that we would need, except clothes and food. When we are ready to go, we just put the tote in the car along with our clothes. Food we usually don't get until we are at the campground and the car is unloaded from the other stuff.

i.heart.myboys
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KCisPaulsMom
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM

We want to try this year. Actually... my special needs kid isn't my worry.. it's my little one (currently 13 months). I'm thinking we wait until it's cooler to try.  It's really HOT here right now.

Kageegirl
by Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
We love camping! Go as much as we can in the summer. My parents have a camper set up on a couple arces. It's got about a half to an arce open and the rest is wooded with a stocked pond. We go out there and ride 4 wheelers, go fishing, throw horseshoes, play valleyball, soccer, football, we have cook outs, roast marshmellows and hotdogs around the campfire ect...within a few minutes of the property is mark twain lake. Love to take their boat out on the lake, go swimming at the beach or whatever else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alex825
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM
I absolutely love the cabin. so quaint. I am sure you are going to have fun. ENJOY YOUR VACATION!!!! PAMI

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Luxury camping this weekend!!LOL!!  Satellite tv, air condition, fridge, stove, microwave, two bedrooms, living room and my brother and his kids and then my dh and ds we are all sharing a cabin!!  I will be in the cabin--too hot for me-unless I am swimming-LOL!!

Quoting Alex825:

LOL, I would have to pack up her bedroom and bring it with us. Meaning her TV, her Ipad Tablet, etc. She has no interest in camping and she would be so bored. Thus causing her to pick her fingernails off. Heaven forbid she got dirt on her. OMGoodness, what a travesty!  Funny though she does go to the Easter Seals Camp. They are well equipped with pools, entertainment, and a one on one aide is with her at all times. She stays in a lil cabin. This year might be tough. She really has become much more difficult with leaving her normal "environment".  Don't get me wrong, we have flown to Disney for over 10 years. She loves to fly and Disney, and the Orlando area is loaded with fun things to do. Now that she LOOOOOVES!. 

Quoting lifeisajoy:

LOL! We have done it so many times-we pretty much have a system-like tonight I started packing-(only this early evening)  I got boxes after put stuff in bags --and then tomorrow-I will finish packing -(just mainly need to pack clothes now) and then load--we already bought everything throughout the week and dh just came back from picking up last minute things--

Quoting Alex825:

I would rather have my teeth drilled without Novacaine. Never!  Sorry to say that would be just too much work. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)