Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

In a bind re: care providers UPDATE Thank you ladies!!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 15 Replies

It never ends!!! Ahhh!!!

Ok that is over-I internet screamed then the neighbors can't hear me-LOL!!

So I have a max of home health care help and I am at the max (16 hrs a week-that is another story)

My dh calls me and says he has emergency over time for the REST of the MONTH -AT LEAST!!-another employee became sudden ill--I have 2 days to find someone to help me!!

So I call our respite provider (I get 10 hrs a month with that-but if need more one month then take away another month) so I called her-she can't she works another job and same hours I need help

So my other respite lady I already know can't -she works every week the days I need help

My other respite lady has no vehicle and lives 45 minutes away (and I don't drive-I have epilepsy)

and My other respite lady is working like 16 hrs a day so she can't right now

My family is out-my mom has a bad hip-and it is physical care with my son

My brothers-well they don't do know wiping adult bums and they work anyways 

My sister lives over 2.5 hours away and so does my dad

So on the search!!  The county has this new dumb policy and tells all the agencies that they don't help find respite providers-Come On People this is an Emergency!!!  Which I think is a bunch of bull!! because I use to be a county worker and I would help families find emergency respite providers--bottom line-they need help-they need help

So I am on the search-luckily I know connections-but it is so LAST MINUTE and the hours are hours people don't really want plus I have to find someone who ALREADY has criminal and child abuse clearances and that is a task in itself!!

Please think of me through this journey today and/or pray for us!!  Anything-light a candle for me--whatever you believe in!!

Thank you so very much!!!

UPDATE- 07/12/12  Thank you all for your prayers and/or thoughts!!  First I was searching and searching everything fell through-2 days straight looking for someone-no one--so then dh calls and says 2 weeks is when he has to start working all this extra overtime--so I have 2 weeks-

Well ran into Dollar General-my sons old aide looking for a job-only issue her child abuse clearance old but she worked with us for one year-so I know-I asked the agency--they said they don't want to get in a habit of using old clearnaces-but it takes at least one month up to 2 months to get the child abuse clearance back and so they are letting me use her-she is suppose to come over after her Dollar General Job-found out she went to college to get a counseling job and that is why she left the inhome health care agency-so she is coming

Also possibly found someone else waiting for call-but at least none of this has to start for 2 weeks--we don't have a lot of respite and maxed out with our hours for in home respite and called the Disability Rights lady because she feels we could get more and especially with my husband having to work an extra 30 to 50 hours (Yes an extra) for 5 to 12 weeks we need the help--so waiting for her call

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts-Keep Praying and for the thoughts please-still getting the kinks worked out!!!

Thank you all!

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sammygrl77
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM
(((Hugs)))

I hope you can find someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM

My prayers are going out to you that you find someone.

lifeisajoy
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Thanks Melissa!

Quoting natesmom1228:

My prayers are going out to you that you find someone.

lifeisajoy
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Thanks Sandra

Quoting sammygrl77:

(((Hugs)))

I hope you can find someone.

letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM

hope it comes together today

KCisPaulsMom
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM

When you say "home health care help" ... is this through the EDCD program (Medicaid)?

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM
I hope you get this figured out quickly.

Have you tried contacting the Arc in your area? They often know of lots of resources and can probably help you find something/someone to help.
LadyDarkNight
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM

(((hugs))) Hope things work out for you momma.

CameronsMommy23
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I hope you can find someone to come help out soon!! *hugs*

lifeisajoy
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

yes Michele-my son is very active with the ARC-thank you for your response-

They are trying to help me as I type this

Quoting jjamom:

I hope you get this figured out quickly.

Have you tried contacting the Arc in your area? They often know of lots of resources and can probably help you find something/someone to help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN