Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Does your dh/so or family members take your kiddo with sn alone or is it all you all the time?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM
  • 28 Replies

My dh takes my ds --I am usually with them but not all the time-right now since I don't feel good-dh took ds to church, church picnic , and games --old fashined afterwards-

My family does not take my ds alone-he is too much physical care for them--

The only other people that take my ds without me is paid staff-his lifeskills coach-home health aide will stay at the home but not allowed to take him no where without me--but if I have to work or have an apt they can watch him --also respite provider when we can find one-but due to my husband working so many hours I will be home using up the respite with respite provider to help with son--so I will still be there though respite provider also there-to help me physically\

How about you who watches your children with sn and you don't have to be there?  Anyone? or our you always with them?

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleywheeler13
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Mmmm usually dd is always with me buttt once in a while FIL, my mom and few selected friends take her on thier own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Dh will generally take him if i force him too. Otherwise its just me except for when he is in school. My parents say they will watch him but when asked they say they can't cause they can't lift him. Dh's family doesn't live close enough.

lifeisajoy
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Val-I know you love Willy a lot-but don't you wish someone would just offer once in a blue moon out of the kindness of their heart?

Quoting willysmama:

Dh will generally take him if i force him too. Otherwise its just me except for when he is in school. My parents say they will watch him but when asked they say they can't cause they can't lift him. Dh's family doesn't live close enough.

jjamom
by Michele on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My parents will take my little guy for like a week and my in-laws would if needed. DH will take him out places like to the mall and bookstore. But, for the most part it's me, which I don't mind at all because he is a little sweetheart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Dh occasionally will take Ty real quick to the store sometimes. Mil and sil watch him at my house or theirs (sil is only 19 and still lives with mil, she is our respite care provider). Mil won't really take him out anywhere on her own for too long. Fil though will take him forever how long and I never worry cuz I know he knows hoe to treat and deal with everything of Ty's, it's refreshing having a family member so confident and trustworthy, you know? But 99% of teh time, it is all me

mandiNthomas
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
My df can take both kids. They are sn ages two and four. My mom used to but my 2yr oold dd's behavior is so awful my mom can't take her anymore. She can watch my 4 yr old by his self he is a handful. That's about it. If my dad is home they
Will watch all three kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh, oldest dd, mil, mom, sister, Christopher's school aide, and a close friend will watch the twins. Amazingly with all those people, help is few and far between. I am the only one able to take them out without help. Even dh can't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

dh will watch if i have a meeting or dr. apt

gma12.1
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I can sometimes leave her with dh if there is someplace I'm going where I absolutely can't take her. I am the one who is with her almost 24/7 and the only me time I get is when I go grocery shopping or am ferrying the older kids to places that my sn can't go with me. For what ever reason no one wants to take her even for a few hours so that I can be alone, or go visit a friend.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Dh will keep ds. As will my parents and grandparents. Dh's grandma will sort of. She prefers dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)