Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

kids not listening!!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:20 PM
  • 10 Replies

My boys are 5 & 6, they just don't listen. I can talk till I'm blue in the face but they won't listen. I just don't know what to do anymore. My 5 year old decided he likes to plug things in, I give him a time out when he does that but he doesn't care, just goes & plugs things in again. Ugh!! My 6 year old isn't too bad, at least you can reason with him. Any advice for me?

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Have you looked into the outlet covers? My 4 year old doesn't listen well but she knows not to plug anything in without me there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama!!  

karenl
by Karen on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Yes we have those, the bugger pulls them right out!!

Quoting mandee1503:

Have you looked into the outlet covers? My 4 year old doesn't listen well but she knows not to plug anything in without me there.

MommaTo312
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I have a problem with my kids not listening (all the time!!!) and I've asked their dr how I can help them with this and the only thing they continue to say is repetition and keep calm.  I know it's easier said than done, but you have to stick with it and let them know you're not caving in.   Hugs!

karenl
by Karen on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Thank you!

Quoting MommaTo312:

I have a problem with my kids not listening (all the time!!!) and I've asked their dr how I can help them with this and the only thing they continue to say is repetition and keep calm.  I know it's easier said than done, but you have to stick with it and let them know you're not caving in.   Hugs!

MommaTo312
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:13 PM

You're welcome!

i.heart.myboys
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids have done this also.. but in phases.. Tommy will in the spring (like clockwork) at school, and occasionally at home and then again once school starts in the fall (its the transition) and Abby is hit or miss. She will go weeks of being a small monster and then she is angelic as possible. Just stick to your punishments (timeout, taking away toys, taking away TV) and stay consistent. GL

letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:02 PM

dont even get me started on this one-this morning has been really bad

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Hugs mama!  I don't have any experience in that as my son has the cognitive/communication/understanding of an 8 month old, so we're not there  yet, but good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)