Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your religious beliefs?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you think having a child with a disability has strengthened or weakened your faith?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Replies (21-26):
CameronsMommy23
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a Christian. During Cameron's hardest struggles I would question why him/why me. But I prayed like crazy for him to live & have a good quality of life & he did! He also continues to surpass the expectations that were placed upon him after birth & to me that's a miracle. So I'd say I believe even more now than I did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I was raised catholic. Never felt comfortable with it. When i had willy  he was born healthy, and than when he stopped breathing, i did blame God for a while. I was actually more angry with the world and people in it to be totally honest. Along with myself.  We went to a special needs thing we have here and it was in a baptist church and i felt calmer than when i had first entered the church.  We now attend a baptist church and they accepted willy and help him make goals and let him do things in the church with the other kids. Willy had i were baptized 3 years ago this past june.

MrsBoats08
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Same here

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I am Pagan. I don't think having a special needs child really changed my beliefs any.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimberlyK
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I'm Pagan also, and searching for answers and a better understanding of my son and his life path is what brought me home to this path.
Tracey122
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Love seeing the variety on here!  I'm in seeker mode, but definitely on the spiritual journey.  I don't think having my son affected it; I was already questioning my beliefs and have never felt like a deity "gave" me my son on purpose.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I'm a Christian...my faith has gotten me through the past 4+ years of finding out that I would have a SN child to where we are today.  God has made Brady exactly the way He wants him to be and we find him to be perfect.  I've never once been mad at God for the way He made Brady.  My husband and I feel honored that God chose US to be Brady's parents and to love and care for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)