Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do you have a hard time keeping your house as clean as you'd like it?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM
  • 35 Replies
Do you care?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
willysmama
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM

When willy is home yes, its harder cause i can't run the vacuum like i need to. I do care if i have company coming and i can't get to it. But generally no unless its really noticeable

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM
I just can not seem to keep on top of it right now- my 10 month old is into EVERYTHING, and even putting the laundry away feels like a huge pain because there are choking hazards in the boys rooms so I can't put him down in there, and if hes napping it wakes him up to go downstairs to the boys rooms and I can't open the dishwasher or he climbs I it.... Lol. I just can't get anything done these days!!! He is WAY needier than his brothers were at this age!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Quoting Elyssa414:

I just can not seem to keep on top of it right now- my 10 month old is into EVERYTHING, and even putting the laundry away feels like a huge pain because there are choking hazards in the boys rooms so I can't put him down in there, and if hes napping it wakes him up to go downstairs to the boys rooms and I can't open the dishwasher or he climbs I it.... Lol. I just can't get anything done these days!!! He is WAY needier than his brothers were at this age!

I can understand some of it. Willy this summer has been very clingy so i haven't been able to do much.

Mipsy
by Chelle on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Yes and some days I care and others I don't care. MOst days I don't care cuz I don't have energy to care

lifeisajoy
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Sure do--it is in lived in clean--I have a lady coming over tonight that is interviewing us for a foreign exchange student and I asked her is lived in clean good enough?  and she responded "none of us will be on Ladies Home Journal"  LOL!! 

I do want to fold another load that is not folded on top of the washer-the ones in the basket I am sure they will not get put away today--and I want to pick up some papers that are in a pile on kitchen floor (at least make pile smaller)

But really if she walked in right now it would be fine

Yesterday I vacuumed so it is fine--I did dust up the room where the kid woul be staying and vacuumed it today

I did pick up dog and cat stuff in cat litter and outside

I did dishes 

I did some laundry

I make sure rooms are picked up

So it's presentable (enough) LOL!

jjamom
by Michele on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM
OMG, yes. I can't seem to keep up with it anymore, especially this Summer. Yes, unfortunately I do care and it actually really stresses me out. UGH!
mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Yes. It doesn't really bother me too much. It's drives dh crazy. I get annoyed with laundry piling up though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unipride
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:43 PM

oh yes. I hate it though. I  wish I could pay someone to stay on top of it because its either clean or spend time with the kids.

valleymomma1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM
I sure do more now because everyone is home on summer vac including dh. I am blessed though my mom takes care of my laundry & fridge. I have someone working with me in my home weekday mornings it takes the stress off keeping the main areas organized for therapy.
sahm2shaina
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM
It's hard and it frustrates me, I have a 6 yr old, 4 yr old, 24 month old and an 11 month old....we homeschool all of them and Joseph our 24 month old has special needs that equate to 4 times a week therapy and a lot of time dedicated to his needs. I love all of it and I'm thankful to be home with all of them but my disarrayed house drives me nuts, I day dream of a few hours alone in the house to clean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN