Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Odd ??

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM
  • 19 Replies
The autism spectrum that basically the do lot listen to the rules I got a brain fart and can't think of the name.. Anyone know ? And know information they can share like signs? She's five with aspergers .

Edit I figured it out .
It's ODD that in referring to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:43 AM

I'm not sure what you're referring to???

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Oppositional Defiance Disorder?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Icesfire
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM

The autism spectrum or autistic spectrum describes a range of conditions classified as pervasive development disorders  in theDiagnostic and statstcal munual of mental disoders  (DSM). Pervasive developmental disorders include autism, Asperger syndrome, PDD-NOS,chiidhood disntegrative disintegrtive disorder  and Rett syndrome.

Here a link for more info on Asperger syndrome   I hope it of some help.

zolanmel
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Yes this. I had a rain fart.. I looked it up and it fits her to a t..

Quoting Elyssa414:

Oppositional Defiance Disorder?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
surfgrl60
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Opisitional defiant disorder. My son has that.

i.heart.myboys
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Looks like your question was answered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melly2022
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM
My 4 year old son has it. Sigh....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zolanmel
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Can u give me more details about it? How is your son ?

Quoting Melly2022:

My 4 year old son has it. Sigh....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melly2022
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:01 AM

He likes to control situations or control the upcoming events, for example at dinner he will voice what will be happening after, (so I will eat my dinner (which he never does ) and then I will put on my comfies and then I will watch cartoons and no bed OK?  

He will argue back and forth till hes blue.  You will never win a battle with him. He purposley will go out of his way to annoy others and will always look and wait for the reaction whether its a good one or bad one. 

He breaks alot of things friends toys daycare toys etc. wheh he does something wrong, he knows hes not supposed to. when you ask him what are the rules he can tell you them all but just chooses not to listen. 

His behaviours are not extreme by any means (well other then the constant defiancy and arguments) they would seem like a typical child until you get him near other children his age and you really see the difference. Plus they have been going on since he was born hes always had mood issues. the whinning and crying stopped when we stopped giving him milk.  But characteristics of ODD are behaviours above beyond children their age and lasting longer then a phase (so 6 months) lol i've been dealing with it forever. 

zolanmel
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Sounds like my dd. my favorite is " I'll behave if you let me do what I want to" usually after we tell her no. But she also self harms.

Quoting Melly2022:

He likes to control situations or control the upcoming events, for example at dinner he will voice what will be happening after, (so I will eat my dinner (which he never does ) and then I will put on my comfies and then I will watch cartoons and no bed OK?  

He will argue back and forth till hes blue.  You will never win a battle with him. He purposley will go out of his way to annoy others and will always look and wait for the reaction whether its a good one or bad one. 

He breaks alot of things friends toys daycare toys etc. wheh he does something wrong, he knows hes not supposed to. when you ask him what are the rules he can tell you them all but just chooses not to listen. 

His behaviours are not extreme by any means (well other then the constant defiancy and arguments) they would seem like a typical child until you get him near other children his age and you really see the difference. Plus they have been going on since he was born hes always had mood issues. the whinning and crying stopped when we stopped giving him milk.  But characteristics of ODD are behaviours above beyond children their age and lasting longer then a phase (so 6 months) lol i've been dealing with it forever. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)