Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Test results today

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:17 AM
  • 8 Replies

So today was andrew's appt with the nero to get test results.....

MRI came back normal
sleep study came back normal
Fragile x came back normal

Which leads us tooooooooooo No direct diagnosis...... :/
Whats next...
metabolic work up
Appt with genetics
psychological and intelligence testing
and another referral to start OT again outpatient this time with the reason being developmental delay Plus hypotonia.  So hopefully insurance will let him go back to private OT instead of just only dealing with the school.   He really needs more then what the school can give him.   His muscle ton in his hands are really super bad.   Put it this way i am about to put my 6 yr old back on a sippy cup if he dumps his drink one more time lol.. 
Tomorrow i will be sending a letter out to the special ed director to request again that the testing be done right when school starts.  I am not waiting til they decide to get around to it because as is he is behind in things that he really should of got the help last year for like writing his name.  School district is NOT goin to like me this year between my son and my daughter..  

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Hugs mama!  I'm sorry you're getting answers yet...keep going with it and keep us posted!  Good luck!

natesmom1228
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Keep us posted.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Good for you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassy_sweet_blu
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM

thanks.......

you know the thing that stumps me is getting to find out the reasoning because it seems like the school system doesn't want to take the time to help figure things out.  They want us to find out the problem.. and then come and tell them what we should do.    kwim..   its the same way with my daughter.  :/

letstalk747
by Joy on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM

i know its frustrating , and takes so much time to get answers

i.heart.myboys
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Keep us posted mama. I know it's hard but you will get there where you will be able to figure out the answers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Keep us posted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassy_sweet_blu
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:57 AM

thanks .......   i will..     right now i just tell people essential tremors with hypotonia.   They all look at me weird lol....    then i have to explain. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)