Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School question

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:36 AM
  • 12 Replies
Next yr Ty will be in kindergarten. The school we want him to go to is a great charter school but typically you need to get on the list for the school a year in advance (or so I have been told/urged to do). I've heard their sn program is good too.

This yr we've had issues with Ty's tube and needing feeds during school and he's in his 2nd yr of preschool. So I worry about what next year will hold. Should I call now and speak with them about how they would handle a child like Ty and policies on stuff like tubes and tube feedings? Or should I wait a little while longer? I don't wanna jump the gun, but I don't want to start on this crud late again, I refuse to go through this again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:40 AM

There's no harm in calling them now...get a head start and see what happens!  Good luck mama!

natesmom1228
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I would call and talk to them, so they are aware and prepared for what needs to be done for your little guy.

sammygrl77
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Definitely talk to them. It's best to be prepared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Thanks gals
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM
On one hand, I think calling now is a good idea.... On the other hand, what if your concerns bias them against Ty? Maybe you should just get on the wait list or however it works and once he definitely has a spot, start working with them to care for him- which they should be able to do even if r means bringing in an aid to take care of his feeds....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM

i would talk to them as soon as possible , you can always change your mind , our schools start this before the present school year is even over at the charter school , call them , hope they are there now for you

willysmama
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I would call them and talk to them about your concerns as soon as possible. That way if you change your mind you still have time and hopefully won't run into any problems.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I'd call, couldn't hurt.

i.heart.myboys
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:10 PM
I would have to agree with this so you can prepare yourself. I know with Austin when he goes to school I HAVE to have a nurse with all his medical issues. This is something that I wouldn't of thought about. Because I know they have nurses on staff but never thought he personally would have to have his own nurse.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

There's no harm in calling them now...get a head start and see what happens!  Good luck mama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Talk to them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)