Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Psoriasis?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:46 AM
  • 7 Replies

We took my son in yesterday for a funky rash and they think he has psorasis. The rash has already been around for weeks but they want us to wait a week and then go back so they can see if its any better to make a full diagnosis of it.

Anyone else's children have psoriasis? My son doesn't really talk but always seems to be in pain on his knees and elbows where teh rash is :( Poor little guy I was totally not expecting a life long problem for the little guy he already goes through enough

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Our son has Autism, SPD, and PFAPA/HIDs  Join us in the  New Hampshire Moms group!

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 11, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Hugs mama!  Poor little guy!  I don't have experience with this, but I'm willing to bet other mamas do!  Good luck!

willysmama
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I have psorasis been dealing with for a very long time over 25 yrs and i am 32 yrs old.  Is there a way you can post a picture of his rash? Mostly i get psorasis  patches on my elbows, knees, and my scalp

lifeisajoy
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM

No --my son has cerebral palsy, non-verbal (well technically), in a wheelchair, has severe gastrological issues and then a few years ago find out he has real bad foliculitis (and actually watching some right now so it don't get infected-) his hair won't grow in especially in the chest area--it gets really itchy (he blinks his eyes real fast and signs the word sick) --I was like you not another issue for my fellow--we got medicated cream-seems to help but as I speak I am watching for one--hoping it don't get infected--

lasombrs
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I cant get a good pics of his legs he wont sit still

Quoting willysmama:

I have psorasis been dealing with for a very long time over 25 yrs and i am 32 yrs old.  Is there a way you can post a picture of his rash? Mostly i get psorasis  patches on my elbows, knees, and my scalp

mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM

No idea, hope the dr can help. Sucks they want to wait a week though!

willysmama
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Quoting lasombrs:

I cant get a good pics of his legs he wont sit still

Quoting willysmama:

It kinda looks like it. There shouldnt be any pain just itching. There is a cream you can try. Its called eucerin. It will help keep the skin moist and somewhat help clear it up. You can also try psorasis gel(found in health and beauty in walmart) but it stinks. but it works

flomuthoni
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM

my son is 3 months old, he has it too, the diagnosis was made a month ago.He had a rash on his arms,knees and scalp, i  was advised  to use 1% hydrocortisone and seems to be doing alright.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN