Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when you know

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

your child will not be able to live on his own after you are gone- it         changes your life ,as they get older you know it more , and it changes you more in many ways , my son is 12 and  this is hitting real hard right now.

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sammygrl77
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:56 AM
(((Hugs))) Tab!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VTHaven
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I hear ya. My dh and I adopted 4 children. Of the 4 we knew 2 would need supports through adulthood, however we are now convinced that our 16 year old (who has yet to be dianosed with anything other than the alphabet ADHD, PTSD, ODD, ED and RAD) may very well be on the autism spectrum and it's come to our realization that she may too need to be with us for life too.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:27 PM

*hugs* I think about this all the time and Jacob is only 2.

lifeisajoy
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Hugs Joy!! Yes it is very hard at times due to you are very concerned who will care for your child when you are no longer here and then I get really frustrated too for you can't get the adequate help you need and/or you fight tooth or nail and really why would I want all these people in and out of my house but it is for my son so he can have the best adult life and be active and about and not with his momma every second but yet his momma still be there for him at home and it is hard and it is very hard but just seeing his smile or hug or doing something more mature it helps it really helps if even if it is just for a little-it is really frustrating though that adequate help is not out there for adult children and their families when the children live in the home-it is fighting tooth and nail-it  really is but he is so so so so worth it

sammygrl77
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I'm not with it today.... sorry Joy (not Tab).

Quoting sammygrl77:

(((Hugs))) Tab!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bkwrmem
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:18 PM

*hugs* i know that dh thinks i'm crazy for trying to get him to be able to do somethings that are easier for us to do then to get him to do it, but i want him to be able to take care of himself a little.  but it drives me crazy i won't lie i've cried over it more than 5 times and he's only 7.

myfirstborn04
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Hugs the thought scares. Me to death. Its hard enough when they are young but the reality is daunting! This is why I strivrfor my boys to learn the small stuff that yeah I could go on doing it for him but that wont get him anywhere. Wesley keeps blaming his autism on his troubles. I tell him don't give ne that excuse you are responsible for your own action's. You are the boss and even the boss can mess up but its what you do to correct your mistake and learn to use it to your advantage and not your disadvantage!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I hear you. My son is 10, and it's a scary thing to know that he will need me forever.... That's why my DH and I work so hard to be healthy!

But I am so grateful that now, we know/think that he will outlive us instead of the other way around. I'm grateful that I get to worry about what will happen when I'm gone... you know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)