Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Took my kid to a birthday party today!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM
  • 6 Replies

My three year old was invited to a birthday party for small children her age. As i observed her play with the others she was having fun but the other children would usually play amongst themselves and speak back and forth to each other since my daughter is really delayed in her speech she wasnt able to join them in back and forth talk she just kept to herself sitting in a corner lots of times. It makes me sad! It was almost as if the children know that she is different or if she knows that she is different. I got a little emotional watching the family sing happy birthday to the little girl since i have never been able to that. My daughter doesnt do well with birthdays we have never been able to sing to her at any of her birthdays. She was asleep at her first and crying and screaming about the noise with her 2 and 3 party. I still have the candle from her 3 birthday unopened in the plastic the #3. Ahh Breath!

by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
letstalk747
by Joy on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:57 AM

i hear ya and know how this is

mandee1503
by Amanda on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:04 AM

*hugs* Glad she was able to go to the party though. Bet she had fun regardless.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Hugs mama!  Glad she was able to go though:)  

lifeisajoy
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Huge hugs mama!

MicheleJM
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:15 PM
If it helps ds9 was really delayed in speech too. He didnt start talking until he was almost four. We had to change speech therapist because the first wasnt geared towards apraxia or he wasnt ready not sure. He was also very withdrawn too. I also think b-d parties can be overwelming for a lot of toddlers, issues or not. Hugs Idk your dd's diagnosis but it can get better though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Hugs mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)