Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

We are heading back to ER *update*

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM
  • 16 Replies

Blagh, the glycerin hasn't been helping enough so they want us going to the ER and getting another xray and possible admit again for inpatient clean out. Yeesh.

So we are home. They have upped his senna again and we are doing more tests and seeing GI next week. I have a more detailed update on his caringbridge site that is in my siggy. I'm really exhausted from everything.

by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I'm so sorry mama!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Keep us posted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:58 PM
(((Hugs))) so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Not happy. GI ordered if he is impacted again, he needs admitted. Xray shows he is impacted. ER decides they want to do an enema (we've been doing those for over a week, every other day at home!) and send him home. They did it and only got diarrhea, its moving around the impaction. I dunno what they plan on now, it was shift change, waiting to finally see a Dr again. Not happy though that they are ignoring our Drs orders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Ugh!! I wish GI could have done a direct admit. ERs are just not capable of caring for complex kids. :(

Quoting Mipsy:

Not happy. GI ordered if he is impacted again, he needs admitted. Xray shows he is impacted. ER decides they want to do an enema (we've been doing those for over a week, every other day at home!) and send him home. They did it and only got diarrhea, its moving around the impaction. I dunno what they plan on now, it was shift change, waiting to finally see a Dr again. Not happy though that they are ignoring our Drs orders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I know me too but it was past 4pm when they told us to go and we live an hr away. :( suuuuucks. Another reason I am mad at the er, we don't cone for nothing! Our Drs always call before we come and write orders!

Quoting Elyssa414:

Ugh!! I wish GI could have done a direct admit. ERs are just not capable of caring for complex kids. :(

Quoting Mipsy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:15 AM
I totally hear you! Back when Lij was on the steroid treatments that shut down his immune system, we couldn't be in the ER at ALL, so our doc actually met us at another hospital entrance at 2am to direct admit into isolation.... I totally miss that royal treatment! Lol

Quoting Mipsy:

I know me too but it was past 4pm when they told us to go and we live an hr away. :( suuuuucks. Another reason I am mad at the er, we don't cone for nothing! Our Drs always call before we come and write orders!

Quoting Elyssa414:

Quoting Mipsy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Lol, that's great you had a dr like that!!!

We did get admitted. Going to room soon. Shift change brought us a good Dr :)

Quoting Elyssa414:

I totally hear you! Back when Lij was on the steroid treatments that shut down his immune system, we couldn't be in the ER at ALL, so our doc actually met us at another hospital entrance at 2am to direct admit into isolation.... I totally miss that royal treatment! Lol

Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting Elyssa414:

Quoting Mipsy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM
I'm so glad you've got/are getting a room! Hope you get a tiny bit of sleep! *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Sorry to hear that he's needing to be admitted again! Keep us updated, I'll be thinking of you both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN