Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

So far so good.

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

I haven't been on here in forever so thought I'd give you a little update. Kasey is doing well. We had her IEP a couple weeks ago. They think it would be good for her to be in the cafeteria with the other kids during lunch even thought she doesn't eat like them. We did an MRI last Monday. They knock her out for them and it takes her the rest of the day to fully wake up. I bought a new, bigger TV for her room so she can see her movies better. Her favorites are old Disney movies-anything with animals! I was thinking about getting her a dog but I'm not sure how it would effect her breathing. Does anyone know of any allergy-friendly breeds? I would want a puppy so it could grow up with Kasey and get used to her. My nephews are a bit rough and tumble, so our best bet would be a sturdy dog. Speaking of her lungs, she gets her nightly breathing treatment in a little while, we hook her up to oxygen at night. I was a little worried about sleep apnea. I'm going to talk to her doctor about doing a sleep study. Other than that, everything is good. Kasey is smiling and enjoying looking at picture books. Hope the rest of you are well too.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Thanks for the update mama...glad she's doing well!  My son has Cystic Fibrosis, and we have 3 dogs...miniature dachshunds...they are little dogs but he doesn't have any lung issues related to them:)  Good luck!

CameronsMommy23
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Glad she's doing well! I'm not sure on what dog would be good for her but here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Thanks for the update. Glad she is doing well. I know there is a website that has information on dog breeds. Petfinder.com has a section on choosing a breed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happygolucky106
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Poodle,, Maltese are great loving Hypo-Allergetic dogs..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)