Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I feel like i failed him

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 12 Replies

I lost the medicaid appeal. So for now willy only gets pt at school once a month. And what i do for him at home and at the pool. I know i can go in a few months and say he lost some skills and we can get it back. but it sucks having to play this game!!! I have a drastic option but i really don't want to do it. And that is to have school drop him from the pt. I really don't feel like to cause school helps with between the waiting and approval process from medicaid. I guess i can look into shriners but the nearest one is a days drive there and back and they only do it once a month. So willy will miss more school than needs to be missed. Either way i lose and so does willy.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sammygrl77
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM
(((Hugs))) I'm so sorry.

Do you have a division of specialized care for children? They will pay for medical and therapy that insurance won't pay. All you need is the letter of denial.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Quoting sammygrl77:

(((Hugs))) I'm so sorry.

Do you have a division of specialized care for children? They will pay for medical and therapy that insurance won't pay. All you need is the letter of denial.

Not that i am aware of. Just shriners and that is even in another state. My state sucks for pediatric anything

natesmom1228
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM

HUGS! I am sorry. I hate having to play games, but unfotunally sometimes you have to, to get a good end result.

sammygrl77
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM
There is a program in every state, but the name is different in each state. I can not figure out how to find it. Sorry :(

Maybe try calling the local early intervention office and ask them. I got the information from a social worker from EI.

Quoting willysmama:

Quoting sammygrl77:

(((Hugs))) I'm so sorry.

Not that i am aware of. Just shriners and that is even in another state. My state sucks for pediatric anything

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karenl
by Karen on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM

(((hugs)))

i.heart.myboys
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Do you have a major school around you? I know at osu the pt/ot students practice on actual kids and maybe just maybe you can do something like that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Quoting i.heart.myboys:

Do you have a major school around you? I know at osu the pt/ot students practice on actual kids and maybe just maybe you can do something like that?

we have childrens&tulane in lousiana. About an hour away or usa(alabama) an hour away either way. Shriners and that's a days drive there and back. That's all his former EI case worker knew about other than gaits of success but that's pay out of pocket and an hour and half away.

jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:16 PM
YOU definitely didn't fail him. The system did, it is flawed. I hope you get things worked out for him as best you can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)