Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The pharmacy messed up on Mel's prescription for lactulose. Like really messed.

First the pharmacy tech guessed at the dosage!! Yes guessed! I was right there when she got in trouble for it.

Then they lost the prescription! But had already ran it trough insurance!!

When they found it they had to figure out the dosage again!

Then when we got it we got 2 bottles plus a refil! GI never ordered a refil. One bottle is brown normal med bottle the other is the mixer bottle!!

I called GI we dont know what Mel has here so she is not getting it! Her GI called in a new script somewhere else. I am going to take this one here to the pharmacy manager tomorrow! I am pissed as much as our GI!

And her contrast enama is scheduled for the 9th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Replies (11-16):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Oh my goodness!  I'm sorry mama!

zolanmel
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM
I'm going to take it back up to te pharmacy manager and make a major complaint. Also calling medicaid Monday to put in a complaint.

Quoting HairClipQueen:

That is scary ! ! !  Thank god you were there.  Can you complain?  I'm not sure how it works in the states, but sounds like someone needs to go back to school to be re-trained.  Can you imagine how many others that the tech just 'guessed', on the medications.  scary stuff.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2zachy122
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh...that's just unacceptable!  I have a major bias toward independent pharmacists.  We use a pharmacy not too far from our house that is a privatey owned drugstore. Husband and wife run it.  We are on a first name basis (using them since 1996 :)).  They know DS by name and we've seen them grow their family, as well.  They know my doctors and will call them to ask for a refill or clarification at the drop of a hat.  They are awesome!

Jenniy
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM
If you were closer I'd give you the 15 bottles Jonathan has left over of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zolanmel
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Ugh and of course she is having issues today :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Genie2
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Our old pharmacy messed up three times so, finally we switched.  These peple are supposed to know what they are doing!  I was mad at the time too.  I still get upset thinking about how stupid they were!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)