Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Please be safe:

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

Afternoon ladies I wont all of you to first say a prayer for both of these families Tuesday night at 11:15 at Westwood Apartments there was an home invasion well the man went to the door and they seemed to forced their way in I do not know if one had a mask on or both the man gets into a scuffle with one who had the gun well the woman pulled the gun out and shot one hiting him I am told in the face he was 31 last time I heard the 2nd one police was looking for.

The lady on the news said she had think 3 kids all ready and just had another baby what the motive waas beats me the guy she shot died in the hallway she lived on a ground floor apartment and these apartments have sliding doors home invasions nerve me I and my 19 year old handicapped daughter live by ourselves I have lived be 5 years December 4th apartments are owed by the housing authority well lit not those dimply lit lights outside our doors.

I live on the side street which was real dark only light at the alley before they bulit these apartments we have a few homes on Loudon Avenue which sure needs lights they are at the end of the street where you turn they are dark spots outside to they should have a light to the driveway leading to the back parking lot me I would not wont to live in Apartment C I am quite sure those are bedroom windows.

I had an experience first Sunday in June some man comes to my door at 4 in the morning I was like who in the world I should of had the phone anyways I did not say a word he would not turn his face so I could see him good I was nervous as all get out well he finally left thank God and I could not hardly go back to sleep I was nervous all day our parking lot in the back is well lit also there is an hallway to my building that well lit I live where the balcony is I have never wanted to live on the ground floor of any apartment building.

I moved from a quite neighborhood but it was dark as crap at night it was an older house made into 3 apartments all the light was down the street at the nursing home anyways to me you made your self safe what I meant was I felt a light should of been keep on at all times in our hallway being dark outside made it dark inside I lived in the downstairs apartment I had a night light in the kitchen and in my daughters bedroom which was on the front and was the living room I slept in the middle which I guess was the dinning room and then the kitchen I had 3 ways to get out thought that was good.

But never again move somewhere that dark of a neighborhood it was a 13 room house at one time landlord was nice but money crazy I myself would of sure had lights well a dusk to dawn light in the backyard it was pitch black dark out their you best I locked all doors yes I had 2 nieghbors in the house but they were way upstairs another thing had a side entrance plus an entrance from the hallway into the apartment that door had a chain anyways I had a table with a lamp which I sat their because if you were going down the street driving walking paying attention you could see again you had to make yourself safe I do not go out a lot day or night but when I did go I would turn the light on in the hallway I really hated coming in when it got dark.

The house has an isolated look to it also but it was in a quite neighborhood but never again no thank you mind you I had to stand out in the dark and wait on my daughter's school bus I would have that phone in my pocket you best be sure of that one well sorry so long just be safe 

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sammygrl77
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:48 PM
That poor family! Sending thoughts their way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Wow! That poor family!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Sending prayers!!

blessed4918
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Thanks to all who replied to this post his funneral was at 11:00 this morning and the wake was before the funneral at 10 A.M. yes sad and I do wonder has the other person been caught  again people did to learn do not be trying to break in on people you again just never know what people have in their homes.

I keep wondering will the woman and her kids and who ever else lives there stay but you cannot just up and move either depending on your circumstances again yes sad like I posted about where I moved from I don't know I had just got my Section 8 I had time not to just jump at the first thing the house has an isolated look to it also but it was a quite neighborhood or I  would of not moved there believe me I did at one time have an ex lived with us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN