Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

very rough day and night yesterday for my ds

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:32 PM
  • 23 Replies

My ds-19 yrs old has severe gastrological issues-GI issues (also cerebral palsy (wheelchair), non-verbal-technically and developmental delays (on a toddler/pre-school)

We are use to his GI issues but yesterday was real rough for him and it broke my heart

Now he does get severe cramping at least a few times a week due to his GI issues and is on maalox for that

He also has to have suppository every other day and miralax every day for he can't go #2

Well he did not go since Monday-and we gave him miralax ever since then and his suppositories and actually 2 suppositories on Friday and he still did not go #2--and actually he doubled over and fell off the toilet --I was right outside his door (and ran to catch him) he likes his privacy like any one does--

So I though I would give him an enema-so I called pharmacist to verify that would be ok to give it to him in the same day as miralax, and 2 suppositories in the same day (which I thought would but verified) and she said yes and she said if he don't go after that to call the doctor immediately

Well luckily he went (ALOT)  and I also had to give him 2 of the doses of maalox because he was in so much stomach pain-

I just gave him lots of hugs

So rough day very rough day for my ds!

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Poor guy!  I'm sorry Tab!

willysmama
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

poor guy! glad he got some relief

lifeisajoy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Thanks-he is doing better but I know he had a rough week this week because he could not go-he must have had a blockage--I really don't think a GI can give me anymore answers but I so want more--I got all the answers I can at this point-ugghh-well at least he went-the stomach craps he have every week are terrible but doubling over and falling off the toilet and him not pooping after miralax every day and 2 suppositories and not pooping for 4 days and I know taking him to the hospital they would do what I was doing or less but it is sometimes just hard to watch that pain and we get no more answers because I really feel they don't have any more --though I want them too-you know Darby-it is not fair for our kids--they are precious and we don't want to ever change them but when we see them in pain--uggh--

Quoting darbyakeep45:

lifeisajoy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Thanks!

Quoting willysmama:

poor guy! glad he got some relief

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I can't imagine him not pooping after all that you did!  If I give Brady a suppository, he will go at least a little that same day...I'm sorry mama!  Blockages are a hard thing and very scary...have to do what we can to avoid them!  He's lucky to have you...you're a great mama!

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Thanks-he is doing better but I know he had a rough week this week because he could not go-he must have had a blockage--I really don't think a GI can give me anymore answers but I so want more--I got all the answers I can at this point-ugghh-well at least he went-the stomach craps he have every week are terrible but doubling over and falling off the toilet and him not pooping after miralax every day and 2 suppositories and not pooping for 4 days and I know taking him to the hospital they would do what I was doing or less but it is sometimes just hard to watch that pain and we get no more answers because I really feel they don't have any more --though I want them too-you know Darby-it is not fair for our kids--they are precious and we don't want to ever change them but when we see them in pain--uggh--

Quoting darbyakeep45:

karenl
by Karen on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, hope he's feeling better now! ((hugs))!

i.heart.myboys
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope he's feeling better now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:33 AM
*hugs* has your gi mentioned Amitiza? Ty started it last week and I think its already helping him. It's kinda hard to explain how it works but its similar to miralax. The colon like secretes chloride and then that signals it to draw in water into the colon and stool and then contract. It deals with the chloride channels in the colon. It's really hard for me to explain, lol. But its a prescription, Ty started it Wednesday and I really think I see a difference. He's going at least once a day. His stool is pretty loose so it makes me wonder if we can come down on the miralax, I'm gonna ask on Monday. But anyway, ask the gi about it. Ty takes one pill a day in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Amitiza works by activating chloride channels in the intestine. This helps stimulate the flow of intestinal fluid, which, in turn, stimulates the movement of food through the intestines.

http://irritable-bowel-syndrome.emedtv.com/m/amitiza/amitiza.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor guy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)