Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This infuriates me and makes me mad

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM
  • 10 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
motha2daDuchess
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:00 AM

I was so sicked when I saw this on the news. These people deserve to rot in jail

Mipsy
by Chelle on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:46 AM
Sick, dh and I used to live in Chandler and not that far from there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:16 AM

That's heartbreaking--that poor little boy --

jjamom
by Michele on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:41 AM
That is horrible, especially when there is so much help available. I'm glad he wasn't seriously injured, which could have easily been the case. :(
mammakittykat
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM

OMG that makes me angry. I have a son with both a physical and intellectual disability and I would never ever leave him alone. I don't even leave him with his oldest brother alone (I have left my oldest on occasion at home for 30 minutes tops, but never with the other kids). I am sorry but if you want to have a "normal family life" then give the child up for adoption so that a family who really loves him can have him. Ugh! people like this don't even deserve to breathe let alone have kids.

FoxxyMama1
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Quoting mammakittykat:

OMG that makes me angry. I have a son with both a physical and intellectual disability and I would never ever leave him alone. I don't even leave him with his oldest brother alone (I have left my oldest on occasion at home for 30 minutes tops, but never with the other kids). I am sorry but if you want to have a "normal family life" then give the child up for adoption so that a family who really loves him can have him. Ugh! people like this don't even deserve to breathe let alone have kids.

While I agree these people do not deserve the honor of being parents - do you have any idea of how difficult it is to find a family for a 100% healthy and neuro typical child that is not an infant let alone a child with special needs??  While there are many waiting families - a good chunk of them are waiting for a healthy, "normal", white infant.

Adoptions aren't easy.  It's not for everyone and it shouldn't be thrown around so easily.  This child isn't an article of clothing that didn't fit and so he should be returned.

~signed an adoptee and adoptive mother~

P.S.  I don't believe you meant to hurtful but please understand that when people throw it around lightly - it is very hurtful.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Wow...what a sad story!  I hope both of the children are put into a loving home with parents who will properly care for them.

CameronsMommy23
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Terrible! :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammakittykat
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry. I do know how hard it is to find parents willing to adopt a child with special needs. I wasn't insinuating that the child was an article of clothing or anything like that. I was just saying that this child deserves better parents than what he has. My husband and I not only have 4 special needs kids of our own but we also have fostered special needs kids in the past (our nephew being on of them), so I know about how hard it is to find a home for special needs children.  I am sorry if what I said offended you. That was not my intention. Several of my close friends have adopted special needs children. One of them adopted a brother and sister. The little girl has very severe diabetes and the son has CP like my own son. And again I am sorry that I offended you. If I lived closer I would gladly have opened my home to that lil boy. I don't look at a child's disability I look at their abilities. No matter how great or small their abilities may seem.

i.heart.myboys
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM
How sad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)