Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Outside the home that is:)  

I'm just curious how you ladies that do work manage to do it all!  I started working part time back in July, and I only work during his therapy and school hours, but it's just gotten to be so much and so stressful that I'm leaving my job...my last day is next Wednesday.  I'm not very happy having to run around all the time, being stressed all the time, tired all the time, lacking severely in patience with my son and my husband!  It's just hard!  I thought I was ready to go back to work, but I'm obviously not.  Maybe when Brady goes to school fulltime but not yet...

Just wanted to know what your thoughts are:)  Thanks!

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Replies (51-52):
momgirlsx2
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I do work full time, but am very fortunate in that my employer works with me. When dd was in weekly therapy, I made up my missed time. Same goes for her Dr appts.  She averages one dr appt a month, sometimes more. All of them are local expect one and we drive 4 hours each way for it. It's getting harder because she is having more issues, but I don't have a choice, we would struggle too much on just dh salary. If it wasn't for the support I get at work and from dh I wouldn't be able to do it.

lifeisajoy
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Thanks Darby!! You are too!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You are awesome Tab!

Quoting lifeisajoy:

I worked full time outside the home for years-I was the breadwinner-luckily I love my career but far from easy but also luckily my employment flexible for my son has lots and lots of apt and meetings and all that 

Currently I work very part time and absolutely love it though would like a few more hours but my health wise I can't for we are financially struggling-I have come very financially creative though-I always was-never a big spender and now I REALLY am due to again I was the bread winner-my dh works but made 2.5 times an hour less than me and now he is the bread winner

So some days I wish I could go back to work full time but also I am happy to be home with my son--and not juggling on top of what I already juggle a full time work schedule-I look back and really don't know how I did it-I just did-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN