Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I think I am going to set up a meeting with the teacher

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:50 AM
  • 5 Replies

My ds's teacher is great-the aide on the other hand-that is a different story

Thought she was doing good but this year-she does not even say hi to me-I always say hi to her

I heard she just wheels my kid to the bus and does not even say hi to the bus driver and literally like pushes him out the door in his wheelchair

My son is doing real well-super duper well in the toilet and I put regualr underwear on him-she don't want me to and then puts a pull up on him even if he is super duper dry!!!  I am ready to put a pull up on her-she how she likes getting her independence taking away that my ds fought for so many years!!

The last straw was when I asked -nicely-very nicely-if they have my ds's water canister--I could not find it-

They sent me a DUCT TaPED note with a big arrow-saying here it is!!!  on the front of his book bag!! How humiliating for my son!!

and then wrote in the notebook-you NEED TO LOOK BETTER for your sons items-HOW RUDE!! I thought

I just don't think this lady enjoys her job!! oh then I got this paper from the nurse that I already filled out TWO Times this year!!

Meeting set up with the teacher for sure!

How are your kids school year going? Any issues with the school, teacher, or aides?

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
N.Carter2001
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Sorry to hear you have problems with the aide. Our son in ln preschool again. He is doing better this year talking a little. He has said, no,please, swing. Shoe ,Ma ma when I go walk in the door. The aide is the best. At least she talks to me about his day if she not busey with another kid. we kept his same teacher but we kind of ask why. She deals with the other kids so she happy to talk to the other moms. The most she says is hi to me but I talk 1st. Or if I have a ? She tells me she don't know. So I learned go talk to the aide at least I can talk to her. And she has no problem talking to me. And she is the one around my son when he talks. But she finds it funny she can't get him to repeat it. Like maybe she was busey with another kid and did not hear what was said. He talks very soft. when he decides to talk.
myfirstborn04
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:48 AM
wow seriously, duct tape! of my I'm afraid to think why on earth do they even have duck tape period! I'm so sorry tab I agree a meeting is needed and file a complaint against the aid at least. its the people like her that scares the crap out of me when I send my kids to school. my son is having a real hard time in school. the special ed teacher wanted to pull him from mainstream and place him in a cluster class. I was like what, seriously! instead of working with him and figuring ways to help him first you want to undo all the hard work he has been doing to learn amongst his peers. I said no let me see what Dr. can do to help him focus and be less impulsive first. he doesn't sleep so that's an issue aswell. first week of schoolwirh new meds and he brought home passing grades! how about that, speacial ed teacher in your face! my point tab don't let them keep you from thinking your right to care and say how your Don should be educated. he had a right to go to school and not be humiliated by the aid who's job is to help him not humiliate him! hope it gets better!:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Sorry about the rough year with the aide. That is similar to the way willy's old teacher acted a few years ago before i had him switched to his current teacher.

This year willy hasn't had any tantrums other than a few fusses here and there. I have an issue with what the teacher taught or is teaching them about pregnancy. A few of the other students moms are pregnant. Fine don't have an issue with that other than one mom has asked the teacher to go into details and brought plastic fetuses at different stages of development in to show the kids. I don't mind my son learning thru pictures but if i wanted my son THAT involved i would be doing the teaching of it. I asked her not to include my son in that type of learning, I believe a 7 year old should learn those type of facts from their parents.

I normally get along with his teacher very well and the aide okay. but this has made me a little uncomfortable. The aide said my son stayed in the class and particpated in that type of learning. but the teacher said he was in another classroom. The age range in my son's class is 6 yrs old-10 years old.

sammygrl77
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Wow! I would be livid!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:56 PM

That is great the aide working well with him-too bad the teacher not as well-come on she is a teacher -she needs to talk to the parents too!  That is what I think with my son's aide-obviously she is miserable in the job-get out of it then!

Quoting N.Carter2001:

Sorry to hear you have problems with the aide. Our son in ln preschool again. He is doing better this year talking a little. He has said, no,please, swing. Shoe ,Ma ma when I go walk in the door. The aide is the best. At least she talks to me about his day if she not busey with another kid. we kept his same teacher but we kind of ask why. She deals with the other kids so she happy to talk to the other moms. The most she says is hi to me but I talk 1st. Or if I have a ? She tells me she don't know. So I learned go talk to the aide at least I can talk to her. And she has no problem talking to me. And she is the one around my son when he talks. But she finds it funny she can't get him to repeat it. Like maybe she was busey with another kid and did not hear what was said. He talks very soft. when he decides to talk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)