Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do you ever lose it?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM
  • 46 Replies
My 3.5 yr old son has spd. He is very difficult to parent. I find myself yelling at him sometimes. Like a few days ago we were at the store and he was touching EVERYTHING. I yelled at him because i didnt want him to break anything. It makes me feel like the worst mom ever. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Guilty. Mine has spd. Ive also been told he has anxiety disorder, impulse control disorder, and is gifted. So he not only touched everything but he reads the package and wants to know every detail about it. Uggh!
Hes 5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Oh and he has brain damage. The only ones I know for sure are spd and gifted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Oh ive talked to you before. Like a day or 2 ago maybe.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I guess i wouldnt feel so horrible about it if he was "normal". But since he is different..i feel like a piece of crap for yelling. I know he doesnt act like he does on purpose. I have been really hating myself lately.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Yep I can so relate. It can be so hard. Today we were leaving arts and crafts for 4-h and it was pouring down rain. He left his sweatshirt in the car and cried and cried about it raining. I so just wanted to drag him screaming through the rain to the van but water on his face is a major issue for him. I was soaked through my coat by the time I walked to the van, got his umbrella, took it to him, then walked back through the rain. It was so hard not to yell at him to just get over it.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I guess i wouldnt feel so horrible about it if he was "normal". But since he is different..i feel like a piece of crap for yelling. I know he doesnt act like he does on purpose. I have been really hating myself lately.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Sometimes i selfishly ask why do i have a child like this? Its not fair. But then i have to consider what its really like for him. How hard it must be. It breaks my heart.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Yep I can so relate. It can be so hard. Today we were leaving arts and crafts for 4-h and it was pouring down rain. He left his sweatshirt in the car and cried and cried about it raining. I so just wanted to drag him screaming through the rain to the van but water on his face is a major issue for him. I was soaked through my coat by the time I walked to the van, got his umbrella, took it to him, then walked back through the rain. It was so hard not to yell at him to just get over it.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM
And then after that I feel terrible for ever wondering why I have a child like this and wonder what kind of a mommy I am to think such a terrible thing. I'm right there with you.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Sometimes i selfishly ask why do i have a child like this? Its not fair. But then i have to consider what its really like for him. How hard it must be. It breaks my heart.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Im so glad i met you and other moms in this group. So many people just dont understand what its like every day to go through this.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

And then after that I feel terrible for ever wondering why I have a child like this and wonder what kind of a mommy I am to think such a terrible thing. I'm right there with you.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Oh I know. If I hear one more time "God has a plan" or "look on the bright side" or anything of the sort I'm going to scream. I know that God has a plan but it doesn't make it easier to handle now!

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Im so glad i met you and other moms in this group. So many people just dont understand what its like every day to go through this.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I think every mom has lost it at some point! And raising one with special needs adds so much extra stress and pressure to be "on" and perfect all the time and show people that you're okay and make them be the best they can be and deal with all the emotions of what they can't be.... I think it's inevitable that we are going to snap sometimes- just as long as you don't snap too hard, and you always come back, it's okay to be human!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN