Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Post your teacher and therapist gift ideas

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this
The only one I figured out so far is the teachers.

A basket with kleenex, hand sanitizer, green tea, a recipe for homemade cougg syrup with the ingredients, and lip balm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I always give the teachers a gift card to Tim Horton's with a hand written note from the kiddo.

karenl
by Karen on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I'm trying to figure out what to get all of Tyler's teachers, he has at least 10 of them, not to mention the aides! I'm going to go broke! I was thinking about getting a goodie basket  for everyone & just sending it to the school. Then I would get something extra for his regular teacher. Either that or $5 Dunkin Donut gift cards...My dh just got laid off so we can't afford much. What do you girls think?

I'm the class mom for my older son's class so I'm collecting money and will get her a gift card.

sammygrl77
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM
That's a lot of teachers! I only have 4 to buy for and a 1on1 aide. I couponed like mad to get the price under $5 each. I'm thinking of giving his aide a gift card also because she works with him the most.

The basket for all is a great idea. The gift cards too. I think they would enjoy any of those.

I read that teachers love handmade cards from the kids or letters about how wonderful they are with a copy going to the principal. That is a great budget friendly idea.

Quoting karenl:

I'm trying to figure out what to get all of Tyler's teachers, he has at least 10 of them, not to mention the aides! I'm going to go broke! I was thinking about getting a goodie basket  for everyone & just sending it to the school. Then I would get something extra for his regular teacher. Either that or $5 Dunkin Donut gift cards...My dh just got laid off so we can't afford much. What do you girls think?

I'm the class mom for my older son's class so I'm collecting money and will get her a gift card.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually do a goody bag of treats (some homemade, some store bought) and a gift card to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts.  In the past (when there were less people to buy for), I have also done gift cards to book stores, Target and FYE.

jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this

As a former teacher, I think it really is the thought that counts.  Teachers appreciate feeling appreciated, in whatever way the appreciation is shown, and understand when money is tight as well.  I think both of those ideas are wonderful and I am sure they will be appreciated.  I'm sorry to hear about your DH getting laid off and hope he finds another job soon.

Quoting karenl:

sadiebug1228
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM

i have no idea what to get my daughters therapist. i know i want to get her something cause shes been so helpful and she encourages me with her and praises me on a good job that im doing with my children. ive never known a therapist to be so kinda and caring even tho she doesnt see my son she still talks to him and lets him help and includes him and gives me ideas on snacks and stuff for him. shes amazing! i absolutely love her! but i have no idea what to get her lol any ideas?

jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

When my son was in infants and toddlers and they used to come out to the house, I made each therapist a goody bag of Burt's Bees stuff.  I knew that they were always out traveling from house to house and that they washed their hands before they worked with him, so I knew they washed their hands several times a day, both of which I know dries them out, so I figured they would really appreciate some nice hand lotion, etc.  They all loved it!

mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM
I took reindeer cupcakes to his therapist. But the rest will probably get cookies. Idk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

chocolates, candy, mugs, pens, pencils, notepads, and I can't think no more right now-lol

karenl
by Karen on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! He's suppose to go back in January, hopefully! 

Quoting jjamom:

As a former teacher, I think it really is the thought that counts.  Teachers appreciate feeling appreciated, in whatever way the appreciation is shown, and understand when money is tight as well.  I think both of those ideas are wonderful and I am sure they will be appreciated.  I'm sorry to hear about your DH getting laid off and hope he finds another job soon.

Quoting karenl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN