Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

My son loves to line up the DVD's in a line...just curious to know if any other autistic children do this?  

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Replies (11-16):
GatorLady0307
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Right now he is labeled PDD-NOS...they said at age eight he will most likely get labeled with autism.  I was just curious, because it is something he always does...and I thought I had heard it was.  Thanks for everyones responses :-)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Oh I'm sorry!  I misunderstood...I didn't realize your son was already on the Spectrum.  Sorry about that:)

Quoting GatorLady0307:

Right now he is labeled PDD-NOS...they said at age eight he will most likely get labeled with autism.  I was just curious, because it is something he always does...and I thought I had heard it was.  Thanks for everyones responses :-)

Marcy_182
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Our son lines up his cars all day long over and over again :) He was dx w autism at age 2 he is now 4 1/2 and still lines things up, is one of their fixations

Hottubgodess
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Mike is a builder, and his creatings have to be equal on both sides....I am the same way.  To be "off' drives us both crazy.

MommyRJ
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM
My son has autism and lines anything up. If he has more than 2 of the same type of toy he lines them up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM

yep-my daughter is 26. everything has to just so- so. you should see her closet!!! she has her coat next to the wall, then the hoodies, then the light weight jackets(two) dresses,pants(dress pants, jeans,sweats) then sweat shirts, long sleeve nice shirts, then long sleeve t-shirts, then the short sleeve (nice, polos, tshirts). everything is by color also. everything in her room has it's place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN