Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Not Liking My Apartment... UGH!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:13 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am moving this month... hopefully before Christmas... My apartment complex management refuse, and I mean REFUSE to repaint and recarpet my apartment... I have been in the same apartment for 5yrs... and yes, when I moved in, everything was brand new... (it was a new complex) Now, 5yrs later, flat paint that cannot be cleaned is soiled with my boys' handprints, and the carpet has lived its life... Robbie's allergies are acting up, and its from the allergens trapped in the carpet, and not to mention, they were babies when I moved in... they potty trained here and as we all know, kids have accidents... I am more upset that they refuse to maintain the property and tell me that I need to pay to have it recarpeted since its for my son's health... really? So if I pay for it, when I move I take it with me? They told me no... so now I am downsizing to a 2br house with wood floors and linoleum in the bathroom and kitchen... screw putting in my 30day notice... I gotta make sure my kiddo is healthy first! banging head into wall

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Joy on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:09 PM

good for you , hope it all goes smooth

Hottubgodess
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I am glad you found a place.  Put in a complaint with the BBB.  I can understand their hesitancy to recarpet, but they could have offered to have it thuroughly cleaned....and repaint.  

dylansmom08
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I know how you feel our old landlord wouldn't fix anything in our house. There was a water leak in the bathroom and the floor fell through before he came to fix it. He fixed the water but left the hole in the floor was supposed to come back and never did. After.calling over and over finally he said he couldn't afford to fix it right then so we had to close off the bathroom and just use the one in our bedroom. Finally after.the.stove broke.and he refused to.fix it either we.just moved out and left it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
andyroosmama
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:35 AM

yeah... I gotta make sure my Robbie isn't gonna have an allergy fit... plus he doesn't need to beathe in any pollutants in the air or floor and get sick... that poor kiddo has been through enough... sick

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:38 AM

Good luck!

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Have you tried renting a shampooer? I'm sorry, I know renting is frustrating. :(. Hope the house works out better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM
This is a good suggestion!

Quoting Hottubgodess:

I am glad you found a place.  Put in a complaint with the BBB.  I can understand their hesitancy to recarpet, but they could have offered to have it thuroughly cleaned....and repaint.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Wow I would be so mad!

Quoting dylansmom08:

I know how you feel our old landlord wouldn't fix anything in our house. There was a water leak in the bathroom and the floor fell through before he came to fix it. He fixed the water but left the hole in the floor was supposed to come back and never did. After.calling over and over finally he said he couldn't afford to fix it right then so we had to close off the bathroom and just use the one in our bedroom. Finally after.the.stove broke.and he refused to.fix it either we.just moved out and left it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:27 AM
I agree completely

Quoting andyroosmama:

yeah... I gotta make sure my Robbie isn't gonna have an allergy fit... plus he doesn't need to beathe in any pollutants in the air or floor and get sick... that poor kiddo has been through enough... sick

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:28 AM

For the walls: That magic eraser is AMAZING!! 

For the carpets: You can rent a carpet shampooer and buy the anti-allergen shampoo. I also have allergies and I do this once a month or every 2 months if my allergies aren't that bad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN