Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I can't even figure out the words!

Posted by   + Show Post
So my wedding is Friday and I still hadn't found a shoe Allie liked. We went to the shoe store and it started out pretty good. She was singing Rudolph the red nose T-Rex and just over all being good. We found a pair that she said she liked so we got her size. I took her boot off and the lady grabs a pantyhose and hands it to me. I told her, "No thank you. That will make her meltdown." Her response was, "We'll if you stopped spoiling her and actually disciplined her it wouldn't be a problem."

I stood up and said I wanted to talk to her supervisor. I explained what happened and then went on to explain that my dd has Aspergers and SPD. I told her that she really can't do the pantyhose or socks. It's the actual socks for her not the seems. Anyway she told me, "I'm sorry she has a disorder but she has to learn she can't use that as an excuse. She's learning that from you. She has to wear the hose."

They have a return policy that as long as they appear unworn and there is a receipt. They will take them back with in 30 days. I told her fine. I bought the shoes, walked outside tried them on her and took them back in saying I needed to exchange them. If they weren't the only shoe so far I wouldn't have bought them. I emailed the company complaining about this treatment. I understand why they want you to use the pantyhose, but seriously...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Replies (21-25):
arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Oh my word!! That is so terrible :(. I hope they do something to fix it. Those people really need more training!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Xandriasmommy
by Nycole on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
She's the flower girl so she'll be walking on the runner. I don't know if she'd be okay with that.

She prefers the pedipeds prewalkers but she outgrew them last year.

Quoting FoxxyMama1:

I think that is horrible and you should post your experience on their facebook page - that'll get their attention!

As far as finding shoes- how about a pair of ballet slippers?  What kind of shoes does she normally tolerate?  Can you get a new pair and maybe decorate the outside yourself?  Is going barefoot an option?  I mean, it's your wedding so why not have her comfortable? 

Congrats on getting married and try to not stress too much Mama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnightcow49
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM

hate to hear, that there are still people that have no compassion on anyone, whatever age, especially children with special needs, god will take care and will have your child and you compensated for the rudeness of the clerk you both had to deal with........jeremiah's mom......brenda....which whom has a 5 year old son with ADHD........people are ignorant, but remember god is in control, and they will get their's, believe me, they will.......you rock

Pukalani79
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM

How awful! I'm so sorry

FoxxyMama1
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Well, the pedipeds (I think) are kind of like ballet slippers are they not?  How about bedroom slippers?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)