Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have question not sure about Seizures

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son went to a counseling appt and the lady think he had seizure because she asked him a question and ds  spaced off and came out with a different answer then to what question was asked. No shakes or anything like that, so im just curious to what you all think. Thank you.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM
If that's the only time he's done that, I would not be too worried. If you start noticing him spacing off for 30 seconds or more and he won't respond to his name or if you clap in front of his face, then it's time to go and make an appointment with the neurologist!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyMonkeyMadness
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM

it can be Sweetie my son has that kind or would space out and answer the question a couple of Mins later if you want to talk message me  I have 3boys ALL with Siezures!!!!

MyMonkeyMadness
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM

the Sooner they Test the BETTER!!! my oldest wasn't caught for 6months and by that time he was struggleing to be up with his peers everytime a child has a Seizure Big or Small it is Very hard on there brain..... and you could only been seeing a few but he could be having much more my son we only caught 3(ones we could see) During his EEG when he's results came back he had had 23 in that 24 hours so  that ment there was 20 Sezures he had that i couldn't see.....  it never hurts to have a EEG just to be sure if it come back NORMAL   GREAT if it comes back Abnormal then he can get treatment...  

mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Ds has absence siezures, where he spaces. But without his medicine he gets several a day and they last 30 + seconds.

stephwordelman1
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

he spaces alot its just not this one time he has spaced off

Quoting Elyssa414:

If that's the only time he's done that, I would not be too worried. If you start noticing him spacing off for 30 seconds or more and he won't respond to his name or if you clap in front of his face, then it's time to go and make an appointment with the neurologist!

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Well then, it can't hurt to call the Dr. :)
It usually really helps to get it on video, if possible! Good luck!

Quoting stephwordelman1:

he spaces alot its just not this one time he has spaced off

Quoting Elyssa414:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)