Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you've used ABA therapy,

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM
  • 3 Replies
How was your experience? How soon did yiu see results? How long did sessions last? Is this an ongoing therapy or say a 12 week program? I have a home visit with an ABA therapist Thursday but honestly I am burnt out and unsure if I want to add anymore to my already full plate. My son with ASD already gets speech, OT and PT as well as a weekly visit from the special education teacher. Those all take place at school and ABA would be home based. I also have a 2 year old and a 9 month old and am having some major allergy problems with the 9 month old. On top of it all, I will be going to work full time by the end of January. I am thinking of doing a weekly session on my midweek day off but want to make sure it will be beneficial.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lifeisajoy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Hi-  my son had ABA for 7 years ( my child has moderate delays, disruptive behavior disorder and cp and so it took him a little longer but he sure picked it up-that is why we had it for 7 yrs)  and it was super duper beneficial -yes it did take some time up but so worth it!  He now is able to focus more and able to concentrate more and he is able to do things on his own automatic with out any or few reminders--It does take time but so Worth it!! in our case!

Any other questions please feel free to ask me-

i.heart.myboys
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:04 AM
I have not but hope you find what you are looking for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Welcome!  My son is 4 years old with Autism, and he's in OT, PT, Speech, Feeding, and ABA therapies. His ABA has been the BEST ever!  She comes to our home 3 days/week for 2 hours at a time.  He has gotten the most progress with ABA.  I highly recommend it!  Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)