Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

juror duty

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 17 Replies

I got a summons in the mail for juror duty. Starting the day willy goes back to school from christmas break. NO excuses have to serve. What am I going to do? Hubby has to work, mom works midnights and refuses to watch him cause he doesn't walk on his own. The school is trying to help me out. I just don't like this. I don't have help!!!!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I was got served with Jury duty when I was off from work on Family Medical Leave after my DD was born 6 1/2 weeks premature.  I sent a letter and was excused from serving.  If you exhaust all possibilities for care for Willy, I would contact them and let them know you have a child with SN and no one to care for him.

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I hope there is a way to figure it out. I have had to serve every 7 years since I was 18. I can guarantee I will be called next year.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I would call and tell them you are your son's sole care taker, and you cannot make it. They will probably gripe, but in the end they should let you off with another date.

annelauer
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM
You just need to send something in saying it is a hardship. They won't make you. (Or at least that's always worked for me.) They aren't going to cover child care costs even if you could find someone, so you don't have to do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
scekqmom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM
I was easily dismissed when I sent a letter explaining she was not in daycare. No problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Genie2
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I can't see why you couldn't get something from your child doctor..that's what I did.

i.heart.myboys
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I know doctors who have written a note when this happens explaining. Wish i lived closer I'd take him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I had a notice for jury duty when i was 9 months pregnant. And it was for a murder trial. My therapist excused me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:15 AM
I wrote a letter stating I was the sole caretaker of my disabled child and was excused.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tammi4
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:17 AM
I've been called for jury duty several times. I just tell them that I'm the only caregiver for my disabled son and they have always excused me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)