• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick Question about tube feeds

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM
  • 11 Replies
How do you get the formula smell out of the blankets if they pulling the pump tubing out of their feeding tube in the middle of a feed? Jonathan is on night feeds and he has so many blankets that stink bc he's disconnected the tubing in the middle of the night and his pump and stomach contents leaked all over his blankets and clothes. I've tried washing them twice, extra soap, and soaking them and nothing has gotten the smell out.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Can you try bleach? Or maybe Oxiclean?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Red and blue blankets so bleach is out lol and I've tried Oxyclean.  I think I'm stuck with smelly blankets lol.

Quoting jjamom:

jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:29 PM
I think Clorox makes a color safe bleach?

Quoting Jenniy:

Red and blue blankets so bleach is out lol and I've tried Oxyclean.  I think I'm stuck with smelly blankets lol.

Quoting jjamom:

Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm desperate lol I'll look for it.

Quoting jjamom:

Quoting Jenniy:

Quoting jjamom:

Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM
I'm desperate lol I'll look for it.

Quoting jjamom:

Quoting Jenniy:

Quoting jjamom:

Xandriasmommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Try washing them once with all dispensers (detergent, fabric softener, bleach) with vinegar. The washing it normally to get the vinegar smell out. If it still does, wash again the same way with apple cider vinegar. Then wash normally. This is what I did, my dd had an ng tube that she would yank and make herself sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM
What normally works for me is putting it on another rinse cycle. We got a lot of the same issues with Austin. Gastro contents is my favorite (can you tell the sarcasm?)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM
I cannot stand the smell of the formula let alone when it comes back up, so I wash the blankets in Tide, usually twice and have never had a problem. Tide works REALLY well. Sometimes I throw in oxyclean or vinegar but I don't usually have to.

I saw the new fragrance chips at the store today by the detergents that make your clothes smell freshly washed longer and I might get some. It's no fix for blankets with yuck in them, but once they are clean it will help with keeping a nice smell.
Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM
I use Tide Total Care and Downy Unstoppable's.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:43 AM

Yep, these ladies have the right idea....I use Oxyclean, bleach for colors, or extra rinse cycles.  Hugs mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)