Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this bad??

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM
  • 14 Replies
I planned on making or buying something nice for the teachers and therapists... But I've been SO sick, and money is tight... And now it's almost Christmas....!!!!

So I'm giving each of them a family Christmas card with a personal note about how much they mean to us, and adding a $10 Barnes and Noble gift card to the 3 teacher's cards...

Is that enough? :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

That is what I do. I usually give Tim Hortons, but it's the same idea.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Sounds wonderful! I wasn't going to get my dd's teacher a gift, but grandma bought it, so whatever!

jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I think that is great.  I am sure the personal notes will really mean a lot and I also do gift cards.

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Sounds good to me :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Michele on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I got a card with a Dunkin Donuts giftcard for $5 from a little girl in my Sunday School class (I am actually only an aide, because Alex is in the class).  I was delighted!  I love DD!  I'm thinking of doing DD for Alex's teachers and aide.  I did Starbucks one year and they loved it.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Thanks guys. I guess I just feel bad not doing anything extra for all the therapists, but I don't have time (or energy) to make something... And I can't afford gift cards for all of them! That would be like $100+ yikes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Sounds Good to me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM

oh yes! that is more what we are doing!

karenl
by Karen on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM

That sounds like a great idea! 

For Tyler's therapists I got a tower of trail mix, chocolate covered raisins & pistachios. I'm bringing it to the school tomorrow & I'll have them put it in the teacher's room. I hope it's enough! I can't afford much this year...it was like $30... ugh

sammygrl77
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Sounds great! I usually don't have the funds either so I do very small gifts. I gave only 1 therapist a gift this year. She's been with us for years and the only one we see at that clinic now. Her favorite part was the note, which made her cry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)