Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good appointment today

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

This morning was our first appointment with the new pediatrician.  After looking over her history and everything that's been tried, tested and ruled out and talking with Linds, Dr. Cherry believes that it is likely abdominal migraines. She says it's pretty rare, she maybe sees this once a year, so she's going to do some research and see how best to treat them. She also thinks that some of her other problems may stem back to a nasal problem she had as an infant, and is beginning treatment for that as well.  I really appreciate the fact that she's researching this out, not jumping to depression/anxiety, as her last doctor did, as well as the fact that even though a neurologist ruled this out, she's willing to take a step back and try it again.  We expect a call within the next week or so with her decision about how best to treat her. That would be an amazing Christmas present if this works! 

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Yay!!! That's wonderful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM
That is wonderful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM

That's great!

gma12.1
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Great having a Dr to actually read & listen to the parent!  I am so happy for you.

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:25 AM

That's great mama!  Glad you're getting some answers:)

lifeisajoy
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Awesome!! It makes life so much easier when a doctor actually cares and takes their time! So glad to here this that she is willing to relook at that-

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Glad to hear it!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)