Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16 year old and IEP meeting.

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 4 Replies
My 16 year old had a bad year. Went from doing well in school last year to not wanting to go at all this year. He has unspecified psychosis, mild mental retardation as well as a mood disorder. He has had 5 emergency room visits and one stay in the hospital for mental issues. He has an IEP meeting coming up. I would like to change schools he hates where he is he has a hard time attending. He comes up with so many excuses. I think a change would help him also he requires a school now that can deal with his issues. I do not know if he should attend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lifeisajoy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Welcome!  I would address the concerns at the IEP meeting-have them all written down-and have an advocate if you can get one-

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Welcome to the group!  Good luck with the IEP meeting...I agree with Tab...address these concerns at the meeting and I hope you get some answers and help!  Good luck and let us know how things go!

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM

welcome , im joy

i know how this feels i go thru this with my 12 yr old , i have been homeschooling last 2 grades , i really have to do some soul searching on what is best for him , i will probly choose homeschooling again for the 8th grade.

tttonice
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I am looking for a school that can help my son. He made honor roll all last year. This year he has a hard time attending a full week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)