Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Denied

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 20 Replies
Well my son has cp and my husband not to long ago converted his crib to a toddles bed with rails well my sonnet head first over the railing knocked a tooth out and bit through his lip well we ask his tharapist if there was a bed for speciel needs children she said yes so we put a order in and waited for the insurence company for approval they denyed him his bed I feel so lost why did they do that do they rather have him get hurt or have him sleep on the floor like a dog this so wrong I'm so sad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sammygrl77
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I'm sorry:(

Dealing with insurance can be tricky. Try contacting your local Variety Club. They give grants for equipment that insurance denies. They just need the denial letter with the application.
willysmama
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM

You can always appeal their decision or try going thru some local organizations to get help with the cost.

I'm sorry

Mipsy
by Chelle on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs* unfotrunately a lot of times they deny everything on the first try. Keep appealing

CameronsMommy23
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Keep trying mama! Get a letter of necessity from the Dr if you can.
PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I would submit it again.

With my DD (she has a cp), I also don't trust her in bed because she has fallen out. I have her bed against one wall and with a toddler rail on the other side. However, every night I put many pillows and stuffed animals along the side of her bed plus her fluffy rug and sometimes blankets. On the rare occasion she has fallen out now, she falls onto cushioned fluff instead of the hardwood floors... when this does happen it doesn't even wake her up. At the end of her bed I have a chest that is slightly lower than her bed so it acts as a big step and extends the bed.

...You could also get foam bed mats and layer them in front of his bed to act as a cushion.

grandma.kat
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:19 AM

take pictures of the physical damage to your child... it may help sway the insurance into your favor.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Hugs mama!  I'm sorry this has happened...can you convert it back into a crib for the time being until you get it approved?

alyssaravensmom
by Ashley on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:59 AM
It's so frustrating trying to get medical equipment! It's crazy! We are still waiting on her medical stroller. This process has literally took about nine months!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I don't know where my reply went!  Sorry if it comes through twice.

We left my son in the crib until he was 5.  He is small for his age and he seemed comfortable and happy.  Then, we gave him my other son's race car bed (twin size) and put a matress only (no box Spring) in it so that it is lower inside the bed.  It gives it a recess of about a foot.  He can climb out safely when awake and even though he is a restless sleeper a lot of the time, has never fallen out.  This might be an option for your little boy.  

love_my_angels
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Thank you every one for your ideas
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)