Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I dont know what to do anymore.  Me and my DH don't fight often, but when we do its bad. I don't want to live without him because of the good times are good and I do really love him. But when its bad its really bad and now he's left and doesn't sound like he wants to talk to me. Things happened that were a game changer and I don't know how we can go back. We have two children together and one each from a previous relationship. Our youngest son is just a baby and has DS. I'm so overwhelmed and have no one to talk to.  I don't know where to go from here.

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Replies (11-14):
michele115
by Michele on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is 2 and he has DS. My husband and I split up for reasons that had nothing to do with the baby. We fought about him alot though because I wanted and still do for him to be treated normal. He wanted me to treat him like he's made of glass. Does your baby have health issues? A marriage is hard with a baby in the house especially a special needs child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM

HUGS!!!

Marti123
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I am so sorry!

You have a network of people here on Cafemom that can always listen.

When did this happen? Time can help settle tempers. Do you blow up like this often? Do you both apologize?

What support system do you have? Any family? Any mother's day out? Any church group?

Do you have access to any type of counseling, mental health services? Would he go?

Relationships are so hard, really hard at all times, imo. i know my YDS puts that much more strain on things with lack of sleep, constant stress, and just worry about the future. Good luck, I hope today is better!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamisjourney
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I don't have much support. All my friends moved away and on with there lives and my family and I are not really that close. I do go to counseling but he refuses to go...feels like he don't need it. I appologize and I tried all the tricks everyone on here is saying. In school I took a critical thinking class and it taught me how to argue suggessfully but its useless if only one person is listening. He is back now, he is a good guy and he wont leave me with all these children. I just wish that things were better.

He don't even sleep in bed with me anymore. He says its because its cold in our bedroom. I like to sleep in the cool and he likes the heat. He also uses the excuse that the baby needs to sleep in the bed with me. So he has been sleeping on the couch and only come in the bed with me when he wants to make love. That to me is very weird to me and makes me feel less like the princess he use to make me feel like and more like a whore. I just don't know. I'm looking into ways to fix this relationship by myself since trying to get him to work on it has been hopeless.

Also, the sleep thing is driving me crazy. My baby wakes up every two hours on the dot. I believe he has a sleeping/breathing problem and hopefully get that checked soon. But I'm not getting any sleep at all. Then I'm up all day with the kids, who only one of them is in school. I love my kids, but I am going very very crazy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN