Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My story

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I remember the day I found out I waspregnant. I was happy. Ecstatic. This was our 4th child. DH and my other lids were equally happy. My 7 yer old could not wait. My 6 year old was hoping it was a girl and my 2 year old used to point at my belly when I asked him where baby was. I loved being pregnant and boy was he a mover! He never stopped moving. Ever. 

At 12 weeks I opted to take the AFP test. No biggie as it was negative with all my other kids. I thought ut was par for the course. A week later, the ait gets sucked out of my mental tires. I was at work..nurse calls. "We need you to come in..its positive".

I drop the phone..freaking out. My DH comes inside and asks whats the matter. I could barely get the words out. 

"The baby...somethings wrong with the baby"

He and others calmed me down as I had been known to freak out in these situations. Especially since a lot of these things are false positives ,

I go in the next day and my OB hands ma a folder and says...we are going to have you get another ultrasound done. Just to be sure. 

CONTINUED IN REPLIES

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeStorm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I was praying it was WRONG WRONG WRONG. Sure I missed a few vitamins but who hasn't? Every time I got worried..Jordan would kick me as if to say "Mama I am fine..chill out".

The big day came and DH and I went 45 minutes away. The ultrasound took about half an hour, DH talked the examiners ear off. i think it was more nerves than anything else. I just repeated the mantra in my head "Its wrong..Its wrong..Its wrong"

The examiner says that her boss must look at the ultrasound

"Its wrong"

Her boss comes in and says that my boy looks great and congratulations. 

YAY my brain said....Its wrong!

We go home happy as larks...we start buying things...clothes, toys, a new crib, everything blue I could get my grubby paws on. We are excited again. 

Little did we all know that was the beginning

JadeStorm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:55 AM

BUMP!

JadeStorm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:55 AM

BUMP!

lovinallofthem
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM

i am glad that they said things were okay.

but can you tell what an AFP test , tests??  i only had one viable pregnancy- 16 yrs ago.  i dont recall the test :(

JadeStorm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM

So delivery day came and my little 6lb 3 oz bundle of love was place in my arms. I loved him from the start 100%. He was so cute. And tiny. he was my smallest baby. He was gorgeous. I loved him and could not wait to take him home to spoil him. DH was grinning from ear to ear. He loved having 3 boys. Three other people to protect my daughter and keep her from marrying. Well not really. 

JadeStorm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM

The next day teh hospital pediatrician comes in to see Jordan and says he wants to run tests.

"What the hell for?" Was my first thought. 

He dosn't look Downsy" was her choice of words...I was like eh...whatever..so I let them prick Jordan's foot and send his blood away. The next day we take our precious baby home and my kids fall in love. To this day Jordan is Mr. Popular in our home. EVERYONE loves him. 

Two days pass and we head to his first pediatrician checkup My pedatrician hands me a paper. I'll never forget it.

Based on our findings we coclude that the genoype matches those characteristic of Down Syndrome.

WTF. 

I burst into tears. I am shaking..My pedatrician is hugging me and saying I'm sorry."

Inside I am pissed...everyone lied 

The ultrasound doctor lied

The pedatrician at the hospital lied

LIE LIE LIE..everone lied to me, my DH, our family...How am I going to do this?

JadeStorm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I decided to journal all this..its getting long...it feels good to get it out...take a read if you want LOL

alyssaravensmom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry. It would be difficult to hear everything is fine, then to have it turn out not to be. I've never had the test done. In the end, you love him, and we're all here to support each other. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Ahh, that is shocking news, but sounds as though he is loved dearly. **hugs**

I can relate a little bit. My ODS had a syndrome that impaired his peripheral vision due to a missing cranial nerve . I remember asking repeatedly about this before i got pregnant the 2nd time, everyone said, "it's a fluke, it's not genetic." And lo and behold, I knew 24 hours after my YDS was born, he had the same syndrome. I remember feeling lied to as well. Hmmmffff, some fluke" I thought!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM
(((Hugs )))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)