Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey advice needed

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 10 Replies
I do child care from home and watch 1 kid other then my two kids. I have had A in my care for 2 years, she is 3. For the past 4-5 months we've had some issues.

- refuses to do most activities
- refuses to eat or drink most days
- cries if asked to join us for activities, meals ect
- wants to lay down all the time

I homeschool my sn son and do preschool with her and my daughter. We can't take field trips, A just cries all day! I've asked mom to allow her to be evaluated at my house by provider connections. It's a free service to help providers in all kinds of situations to provide good care. Mom and the nurse at the dr office think she is simply bored. Uh do bored children refuse to participate in all activities? Refuse to eat or drink? I don't think so. Something's going on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd keep pushing. Something is wrong.

tiffs2009
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:03 PM
I agree. It's not normal.
xMamaBearx
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I told parents to either sign for the evaluation to be done or find care with somebody else. They choose new child care. So I will never know. But thanks ladies
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
How very sad that she won't get the help she obviously needs! :( my first thought with a sudden loss of energy like that was cancer... I hope she's okay!

Quoting xMamaBearx:

Well I told parents to either sign for the evaluation to be done or find care with somebody else. They choose new child care. So I will never know. But thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, I hope she is ok. So sad that the parents won't get her checked out. It could be something serious.
xMamaBearx
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Some parents take it as criticism when you tell them the concerns you have. Sadly more often then not they choose to ignore their kids. The first mistake was mom working way to many hours! I don't think it's healthy for a mother to choose work over being a mother. I work but not to a degree that would negatively impact my children. I'm old fashioned about the importance of a mom being home. I know not everyone gets to stay home, that's life. They've ignored her for years already, it's the hard part of this job. They don't believe in punishing bad behavior, they don't think their kid does anything wrong! You really can't deal with parents like that. In a few short weeks or months her new providers will see the same problems! Maybe even worse if she goes to a center. But the center won't care. She's just a number. But that will make her parents happy. I guess that's what matters to them.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow!  That's horrible...hugs!

Quoting xMamaBearx:

lovinallofthem
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM

ooh, sad to hear this.. maybe the mom is herself in denial that anything is wrong.. :( it is a hard place to find yourself.. needing more 'help' with your child.  i hope they find out soon if its their baby girl...and not continue to blame caregivers

Quoting xMamaBearx:

lifeisajoy
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

You did the best you could and that is sad thought that they chosed option since the child has been in your care for 2 years--I am sure there is a bond there with you and child and your kids and child.  Sometimes parents get scared of the unknown and run the other way.  I wonder if parent will call you and try to get the care back that you provided for the child for 2 years once reality settles in or if parent will just be in denial for awhile

Hugs and take care!

Quoting xMamaBearx:

arkansasmama08
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM
I'm sorry Hun. Maybe they'll get her evaluated somewhere else and let you know. Sudden change of personality and appetite would definitely be cause for concern!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)