Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Teeth grinding

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 30 Replies
Alyssa is a horrible teeth grinder. She goes through phases where she won't do it, then phases where she does. This week it has been non stop. It drives me nuts. She can't hold things so I'm constantly trying to give her something to chew on. I can't see any new teeth coming in. She eats through a g tube as of now. Does anyone else have this problem?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Jacob does it constantly. I've brought up with the dentist, but he wasn't too concerned 5 months ago. When we go back in March, I'll ask again. I can't stand hearing it!

alyssaravensmom
by Ashley on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I know! I can deal with almost everything, but that! It's awful!

Quoting mandee1503:

Jacob does it constantly. I've brought up with the dentist, but he wasn't too concerned 5 months ago. When we go back in March, I'll ask again. I can't stand hearing it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gma12.1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Lina grinds her teeth while sleeping and it will wake me up. This has just begun in the last month or so. I am going to talk to the dentist at her next appt. It makes me nuts to hear a kid do that.

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:18 AM

No experience but good luck mama!

jalex
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I have severe TMJ.  If I don't wear my night guard, I am in agony.  I chipped a tooth last year and was told that all my teeth were worn down.  Talk to her dentist about a custom guard.  I could not live without mine...

BKozICan
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:46 AM

YES! Tommy does is a lot when he is in pain (ear infection or headache) or under stress.

Mi_Chelly
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Derric does this all the time when sleeping. I talked to his dentist, but he wasn't too worried about it since he hasn't warn any teeth down yet. He did say he would look into a custom guard after he finished loosing all his baby teeth, but that will be a while....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alyssaravensmom
by Ashley on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Her therapist wonder if her muscles get tight in her jaw. I will def be bringing it up to her dentist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:10 AM
My son grinds his teeth. Sometimes he'll go weeks without doing it and other times he does it constantly. It is so frustrating! It is also loud (sounds like he's crunching on a piece of hard candy). His SLP is working on it with him, but I don't see any difference to be honest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alyssaravensmom
by Ashley on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Yep Alyssa can wake me dead out of sleep. ST taught me a massage to do on her jaw, but it only helps for so long.

Quoting jjamom:

My son grinds his teeth. Sometimes he'll go weeks without doing it and other times he does it constantly. It is so frustrating! It is also loud (sounds like he's crunching on a piece of hard candy). His SLP is working on it with him, but I don't see any difference to be honest.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)