Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moving and having issues

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

The school won't sign willy up to ride the bus unless i have proof that i have live in the new apartment(lease) which i will get this week and something with the new address on it. I don't move til the 25th!! And won't have any mail there for a while. So I am hoping the driver license place will let me get the address change with the lease. Most times they want a piece of mail with your name on it.

I have 2 other issues. Like trying to set up a time to get cable turned on at the new place for a day that i will be there. Apparently i had to let them know where i was moving 2 months ago. Except i didn't know than. Hope hubby can get it straighten out.

The other issue i have is finding someone to watch willy while we move. And what to do with luna(mini dachshund) so she doesn't get squished in the process of moving. I have the willy part almost solved. His teacher will watch him but i have to figure out if i want her at the new place or at the current place and what time and how long. Can't have her watch him at her place cause he is allergic to cats and his teacher has cats. Luna doesn't trust to many people anyway. So i hoping my mom will watch her for a few hours while we move. Mom hasn't answered me yet weather she will or not.

Hubby and I have done all our moving on our own with no help from anyone else in the past. It usually took us 16 hrs to do the moving and taking care of willy at the same time. This time we have one person helping us move which is a friend of hubbys from work. And one person helping us care for willy. His teacher. I don't know how long it will take. The guys will take all the big stuff like beds, dressers, desk, etc... and i will take the smaller stuff like tv, dishes, toys, etc.... So i am truely hoping to have everything straightened out and set before the 25th of this month. It sounds and feels almost impossible.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Amanda on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs* I hope it works out smoothly for you guys!

by Chelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM

*hugs* can you kennel Luna? We have a mini dach too! Her name is Rebecca Ann, lol. We kennel her, its just easier, she doesn't take to new people too much and barks a lot. And I think having the teacher watch Willy at the old place would be easier than the new place, just cuz I think the new place would be super crazy trying to figure out where to put stuff where the old place you are just moving it out, you know? *hugs* I hope it goes smoothly!

by Elyssa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM
That is a lot going in, Mama! I hope you get it all worked out!! *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:40 PM
((Hugs)) how very stressful!

Can you get you utility bills online? When I moved, I printed out a utility bill online with the new address.that was accepted along with the lease. I hope everything goes well with the move . Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Hugs and good luck mama!

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Hugs Val!! Moving is hard!! I don't like it at all!  So GLAD teacher will help watch Willy--We had no one to help with son and so I just put him in the living roon and I would stay at the new place and unload but we got a few to help so we would not have to load and unload son already!  

Take Care and wishing for a smooth move and enjoy your new place when move is all over! Just relax and have a nice dinner in your new place

by Michele on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Moving can be so stressful, especially when you have kids. Hope it all works out smoothly in the end!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM

it will work out , its just soooo much work , keep us posted val

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)