Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 12 Replies

Was wondering if anyone else experiences this. My 5 year old DS son, moans and groans right when he starts to fall alsleep and about 4 or 5 times through out the night. He's done it ever since he was a baby. I've never talked to a doctor or anything about it as it not a health issue but when he comes in to sleep with us it gives me such a headache, just curious, and I'm starting to wonder how well he is sleeping. Thanks ladies!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gma12.1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Lina makes some noises too when she goes to sleep and while she is asleep. For awhile she did the grunting sounds now she makes a puppy whinning/humming combo sound, it is hard to explain. It is annoying at times but I know that she is asleep and in a nice relaxed sleep. Also it means she isn't having a seizure. When she is quiet I will wake up, worried that she is having a seizure.

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:40 PM
My foster son does this!!! It happens randomly 2-3 times a night and will last for about 45 minutes! Like he's moaning on each exhale. It DRIVES ME INSANE! Lol...

I have no idea what it is or why- but I need to buy a door for my room before I start throwing stuff at him! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I have not experienced that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM

No experience here.

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM

my 6y yr old makes some moans thru the night , always has , he also has Asthma

xMamaBearx
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM
My husband does this!! It's so annoying.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:15 AM

No experience here mama!  Hugs!

golfqueen123
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Thanks everyone!!!

BKozICan
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Yeah. It also used to be the only time he spoke--sleeptalking. 

jjamom
by Michele on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM
My son has never done this. He did have sleep apnea, but can be somewhat commonon kids with DS, so if you are concerned about his sleep, especially if you think it has anything to do with breathing while sleeping, you might want to talk to his pediatrician and see if they think he needs a sleep study. My Sonja's to have his tonsils and adenoids out at age 3 because of sleep apnea and pulmonary hypertension.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)